8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » 62nd BFCC (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 62nd BFCC
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 29, 2013 03:16 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has John Clancy yet given any consideration for Forum members to obtain a name tag on the door at the next Convention on 26 October 2013?

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2013 03:32 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul Adsett suggested this idea a few years ago but nothing came of it. Perhaps as individuals we should do our own but I would feel a complete plonker if I was the only one to do so [Smile]

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 29, 2013 03:50 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meet a fellow plonker. I will if you will.

--------------------
Maurice

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2013 08:40 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me too!. One volunteer required with IT skills to produce a simple design that we can download and print out after adding our own names (Word .DOC file ??).
Any offers (afraid I'm a complete nerd, which is why I do not have a website) ?
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 29, 2013 09:58 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another solution could be that everyone on the forum puts his picture in hi profile.

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 29, 2013 10:54 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think all that is needed is a stack of blank sticky ID labels, which can be purchased at any office store, and a marker pen, placed where you buy the entrance ticket. Perhaps with a cardboard sign pointing to them. Nothing unusual here. Almost every convention you go to people where a name sticker. I think it would be a great catalyst for interesting conversations among collectors. And I know overseas visitors would really appreciate it.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2013 02:43 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Clancy is too busy Maurice. If anyone else wants to organize something then I can't imagine it will be a problem. But I do think the simplest thing is to all get together in the lunch break and I can't see a problem with that being on the projection balcony. I'll speak to Keith soon so don't let me forget to mention it.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 30, 2013 03:40 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John
It seems a reasonable idea, but I still prefer the original suggestion which would identify members to one another as they pass about the hall and sales tables.

--------------------
Maurice

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 30, 2013 12:43 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I look forward, as always, to the lunchtime get-together.
[Smile]

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2013 01:03 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about a "meet and greet" for the forumers? Shouldn't be too hard to agree on a table in the cafè for us to meet at? [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 31, 2013 02:31 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I look forward, as always, to the lunchtime get-together
Yes, Michael, but do you go around to each person, and for everyone say:- "Hi, what's your name?"

It may be that you know all members personally, but I still feel that each member should have a visible name tag.

--------------------
Maurice

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2013 06:30 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What size 'badge' would be best? I've done one ,but at the moment unable to upload. Its 4"x2" I can make it smaller with no problem.
Put a background of film with film sizes and other wording, a white space below FILM COLLECTOR 62nd BFCC
I'll try again to upload but it keeps saying password error. Mind you still in Thailand & connection slowwww, and its raining. Back UK in 2 weeks I'll upload then if still have probs.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2013 08:17 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine's 75 x 40 mm (3 x !.5 in English!) and carries the Logos of the four major Forums, so I cannot upload it for copyright reasons.
I can email a copy to anyone who wants it; just PM or Email me with your Email address.
I did "copy and paste" of the logos into a Word .DOC document, added my name, printed the result, scanned it into .jpeg, cropped it and printed it onto glossy photo paper. A bit involved... but as I said before... I'm a complete computer nerd!

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 31, 2013 12:36 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It may be that you know all members personally, but I still feel that each member should have a visible name tag.
By now, I know most of 'em, Maurice, and, in addition, we don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any steenkin' badges!!
[Big Grin]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 31, 2013 02:03 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But how will I recognise you Michael?

--------------------
Maurice

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 31, 2013 02:05 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 31, 2013 02:07 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen your photo; you've seen mine. I'm sure we'll be OK.
Anyway, I look forward to it, Maurice. We've spoken on the phone often enough. 'Twill be nice to meet.
[Smile]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 31, 2013 02:17 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Michael is planning on coming as The Scarlet Pimpernel! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 31, 2013 02:21 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 31, 2013 09:02 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, I don't see your photo, nor Maurice's one.

--------------------
Dominique

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted August 01, 2013 12:43 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, but Maurice has.

John Yapp
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2013 09:46 AM      Profile for John Yapp   Email John Yapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Loving the Sierra Madre reference Michael. [Wink]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted August 06, 2013 12:56 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink] I wondered if Maurice got it.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 06, 2013 02:52 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen the film.

--------------------
Maurice

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted August 06, 2013 03:15 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooops, ...did you think I was being rude? If so, sorry. I'll buy ya a cuppa at Ealing.
[Smile]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC