8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Light Refreshments? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Light Refreshments?
Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2013 06:23 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not trying to sound snobbish, and Hugh will understand as we are the same generation. Going out to the cinema was a special occasion as was just going to the city. People used to dress up. Now if you carry on the same way, you stand out and risk mugging or worse. English people used to use their fists, now it's knives. In 1910 an immigrant (I won't say his nationality), appeared in court after pulling a knife on an Englishman, he was deported and told to 'Take your Foreign filthy ways with you'.

Regarding groups of people Hugh, Bruce Tegner, who wrote and taught unarmed combat, said every group has a leader, go for him and the others will disperse.

|  IP: Logged

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted September 01, 2013 01:43 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
It's true Robert, go for the "Gob", once I would' have advised run,
but you're dealing with a pack,pull a weapon, or they will run you down. My escapades were when I was a much younger man, I
remember having a streetfight, I HAD THE BLADE,but under the
illusion I was going to fight three of them, I WAS DETERMINED,
the casualties were not me, as it turned out, my opponent was a
fair scrapper, and when challenged, when sober, gave in,
was I PLEASED, he was a big powerful lad. Stand your ground,
keep a sock, or a line with a weight on, chances are you are okay, but this stuff of running, I have been in my share of street fights, don't show fear, shout for help if need be, but stand your ground, unless there is a fire arn involved. If it's of any consolation, I still have all my own teeth, and a beautiful nose,
unbroken, as my partner says, definately a Roman nose, but she does hate me at times..As a final bit of advise, don't walk with your hands in your pockets, keep 'em free.

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2013 08:50 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't had much experience like you, and did get my nose broke when I was 17. In 2000, after years of harassment and threats against me I decided to act, and I had been weight training nearly every night. When this person came round again I went for him, and ended up being arrested, getting a caution, which is still on my record 13 years later. I contacted the police and the local council several times, but no one was interested, so I was forced to take matters in hand myself.
Surprisingly, at least to me, this person, who claimed he was going to sort me out, never fought back.
My father said he wasn't surprised as, in his words 'He had too much to say for himself'

I always remember Henry Cooper being interviewed after Brian London went on TV and gave an account of what he was going to do
to Our 'Enery. They asked Henry Cooper for his response, and Cooper replied 'Well, he talks a good fight'.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 02, 2013 09:05 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From "Light Refreshments" to "Heavy Hostilities"!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2013 10:14 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Doug, will try to keep on track.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC