8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Four digits... totally self-serving topic post

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Four digits... totally self-serving topic post
Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2013 09:57 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How did this happen? Unthinkable! With this post I turn 1,000. Ugg, that's a lot of blather!

Well, I appreciate this "place," since you guys are generous with knowledge and great deals, plus Brad with hosting. You've helped bring a great deal of help and fun to my enjoyment of this hobby.

A round of virtual party hats, cake, and punch to all!

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 22, 2013 10:15 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Bill!

May we all make it to 10,000, but not too soon!

-it kind of troubles me when I ask myself "Check the Forum or watch a film?"

We should actually enjoy the hobby, and not just talk about it!

-although the talk does help the enjoyment!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2013 09:02 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Steve. Yes, the enjoyment of the forum is a substantial thing and brings a lot of fun along when loading up a projector isn't possible.

Y'know, though, "Jedi Master Film Handler" seems to me a higher title than "Phenomenal." Just sayin. I mean, slipping by the Council was no small deal!

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 23, 2013 09:19 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Bill on becoming a fellow "Phenomenal Film Handler" [Big Grin]

Steve... with all your posts, how come you are just a "Film Guy"? did you get demoted or something [Big Grin]

Graham. [Wink]

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2013 11:00 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
Truly Phenomenal....they should have print out badges to hang on the wall or projector [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 24, 2013 07:07 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Film Guy" was actually my request**, which Doug Meltzer nicely put in place as I was sneaking up on 2000 posts. I had First Commandment issues with the title I was supposed to get. ('nuf said!: the Forum has Commandments too!)

The funny part is after he put it in place he asked me to post something to try it out, but I was going through this very rare dry spell and I had nothing to say for days!

I finally broke it by coughing up a review of The Nutcracker Suite from Fantasia which I'd had stuck in the back of my head for several years at that time. This became my 2,000th post and proved once and for all, I'm no God!

(**My request which by the way makes no judgements on others that don't request the same. Wrong thing for me, that's all. Besides: We tried "Grand Poobah of Image and Sound" and it didn't fit under my name! [Wink] )

--------------------

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2013 10:10 AM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's good Steve, I like that. Thanks, Graham.

I suppose we could try Sith Lord of Film, 'cause they're kinda more powerful than Jedi masters, but they're also evil so much of the time...

Grand Poobah for short isn't too bad...

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 24, 2013 11:46 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-actually I just wanted to keep "Phenomenal Film Handler", but for some reason the board software just wouldn't allow it!

Athough "Exalted Vizier of Cinema Arts and Sciences" has a nice ring to it!

(So much for humility!)

Fred Flintstone never made Grand Poobah: who am I to take that from him?!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC