8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Look at what I found - www.archive.org

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Look at what I found - www.archive.org
Mike McCord
Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2013 07:07 AM      Profile for Mike McCord   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This url doubles the value of the internet (for me, anyway...). It allows you to go back in time and see websites that are no longer available. Even if the website has been totally updated, one can retrieve the pages as they existed on certain dates - before the update. I have been able to see sites that went down years ago.
I have found this especially helpful as I research older attempts at 8mm film conversion to digital. A lot of the older sites are now gone...but, with this tool, not forever.
Hope others find this as useful as I have.

|  IP: Logged

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2013 07:40 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I put a link to the old Derann film site on here.

It is quite use full site loads of old ads trailers and like stuff.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2013 08:00 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have used it for years for viewing old films and TV shows. They have an incredible collection of rare books (non cine).

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 10, 2013 10:49 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, when I click on your link, I end there : Topic: STAR WARS price question?

--------------------
Dominique

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2013 01:51 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best part of Archive.org is their large selection of old Jack Benny shows!

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Mike McCord
Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2013 01:56 PM      Profile for Mike McCord   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christian -
You will probably love this site: http://tubtub.com/

It has many tv shows and movies from that era.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2013 02:15 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I put the link to the thread not the archive by mistake it should be this Derann's Time warp I think that should work now.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 10, 2013 09:45 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, David.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC