8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » No BFCC for me after all.. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: No BFCC for me after all..
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 18, 2013 01:36 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then everyone come to CINESEA - Do it for John Black, forget me

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 19, 2013 12:42 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hell Shorty, though I know the history of one Mr. Black, (and a good man he was!), I would show up at Cinesea to see YOU, Doug and the many other fine fellows I have met on here and other forums!

(and have folks ogle my lovely wife, (she's a cutie!), who has a fascination for anything concerning projectors. She can't work on them, but loves to watch them running!)

Buying films would just be secondary!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2013 01:27 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to pick up on Osi's comment about going by train.
I live in Neath, South Wales, our station is the first stop after the western terminus at Swansea (8 miles). So we travel almost the whole length of the line to London Paddington which takes just a little under 3 hours. By booking advance tickets, the cost was £34 for the round trip.

Fortunately my wife has family living in Romford so we stay with them for 3 days so no hotel bills.The downside is I have travel from there on overland train to Liverpool Street station then take a tube to Ealing Broadway then catch a bus to the BFCC venue which takes about 2 hours (I am disabled and can't move very quickly). Of course I have to do it all again at the end of the convention - but it's worth it.

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2013 03:59 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Found this while scanning some of my film mags

-

From Film Making magazine dated February 1978

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted September 20, 2013 04:45 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed that. Thanks, David.

"...finishing at around 10pm"

How about it, John and Keith?? [Smile]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 21, 2013 10:18 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Almost twelve hours to buy films. Wow!

--------------------
Maurice

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted September 21, 2013 11:14 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are quite right Paul about grumbling collectors as witnessed at another southern movie event. A couple of chaps were moaning about the 20 mile trip they had to a cine event a couple of years ago and the traffic, my pal and I interrupted them and explained we had a 500 mile round trip to do the bash at which point and I quote ‘you must be bloody mad’. Hardly, but enthusiastic yes! I think it was young Mr Wilton who once quoted these events keep the Thermofilm (a popular film cleaner of its day) running through your veins and he was right. We would be silly not to say Ealing is the largest home movie event in the UK and if you are in a position to make it do not miss it. It has always been excellent and professional beyond the limit with screen presentation way beyond anything else here and frankly is legend.

The crowning moment for me looking back was the presentation of Brainstorm some years ago. We had not seen 8mm on such a big screen and moreover with such excellent sound, probably the best I had heard anyway and what a day that was to remember. For me the Ealing team are professional and dedicated to one single cause which is to make for a memorable filmic experience like no other. I love all the cine events in the UK but Ealing is something special..

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 22, 2013 10:26 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We wouldn't be human if we didn't like a good moan!

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC