8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Les Cinglés du cinéma (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Les Cinglés du cinéma
Harley Jones
Junior

- posted June 12, 2014 02:18 PM      Profile for Harley Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Harley Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much to you both for this helpful information!
I love 9.5mm printed films and have about 10 projectors, Aces, Gem, H, Cinegels and one Elf sound conversion.
I must make a decision soon if I will go - the photos make it look an amazing event. Also need to take many euros, though I hope some dealers may take plastic. I believe that cine kit is more expensive in Europe than in UK.

--------------------
Harley
www.cinenostalgia.co.uk

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 12, 2014 05:23 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that the large majority of the dealers will accept only cash or (if they are French) cheques from French banks. Sadly the material and the films are generally not cheap but you may find some interesting prices. Try to save on the hotel ; you will probably want to sleep in Paris as the large offer of accomodations will allow you to choose something at reasonable cost, as Paris has much to offer for a week-end and as Argenteuil is very close to France's capital.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 16, 2014 02:28 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was taken in 2012. It is in French but the pictures speak for themselves : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_igQMK1OTvo

--------------------
Dominique

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted June 16, 2014 03:00 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My table at 00:34...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 16, 2014 03:31 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recognized it !

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 28, 2014 01:13 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just bought my train tickets for September. Although it is three months from now,some cheapest trains fares are already sold out for some timetables ! Costed me 44 € return ticket from Brusels to Paris, with the high speed train (actually the only one runningon that line).

--------------------
Dominique

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted June 28, 2014 02:54 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally got the table booking forms. I'll be there too [Wink]

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 21, 2014 01:05 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few days from the event :-)

--------------------
Dominique

Clay Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2014 01:39 PM      Profile for Clay Smith   Email Clay Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun guys, the event from previous posts looks great.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 21, 2014 01:50 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique, are you coming on Friday? (I still have a free pass for the day).

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 21, 2014 02:03 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean_Marc, if you still have your free pass, I would love to use it on Friday. I tried to send you an e-mail but is seems that it is not possible.

[ September 21, 2014, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Dominique De Bast ]

--------------------
Dominique

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 21, 2014 04:39 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM sent

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 21, 2014 04:51 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got it and naswered. Thanks !

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 28, 2014 04:31 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just back from Paris. Thanks to Jean-Marc, I could enter the convention on Friday (the seller's day, also open to the public but then it's 15 euros ; the two other days, the entrnace is free). As last year, the event had shrinked, I was a little bit affraid to see a "diying" convention. My first feeling was bad as, indeed, the first (out of three) room was more empty than in 2013. However, my bad first impression quickly disappeared as there were more films and material than last year. The main room was well "packed" and I found more things than I could buy ! There were for example two sourves of 9,5 sound films and both had piles of films ! I went also to the convention on the Saturday and I found that there was a good number of customers (but of course the "business side" has to be commented by a seller. I came back home with three bags full of films. Needless to say, I will be there next year. Again, thank you, Jean-Marc.

--------------------
Dominique

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 28, 2014 04:33 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few pictures from this year's event. I think our friend Dominique took some more (Dominique, if you need them to be resized to be forum-compliant, forward them to me).

Some vintage stuff...
 -

Books, posters and filming gear...
 -

A nice Eiki xenon...
 -

A rare occurence of the basic Beaulieu 708 (no recording equipment, single track play-back, no variable speed)
 -

With all its operating instructions printed on the console...
 -

Some nice portable 35mm machines, including the excellent BB35 from Buisse & Botazzi (who also created the prototype for the Beaulieu 708).
 -

And finally my table
 -

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 28, 2014 05:19 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took, indeed, some pictures but cannot post them on the forum. I sent you a PM about that ;-)

--------------------
Dominique

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 29, 2014 01:55 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique's pictures (part 1):

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

Clay Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2014 02:47 PM      Profile for Clay Smith   Email Clay Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To someone like me who has never been to one of these shows and after seeing these photos, all I gotta say is, Oh My Goodness. I would be like a kid in a candy store. Were all these projectors for sale?

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 29, 2014 02:55 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Clay, everything was for sale.

Here's part 2 of Dominique's pictures:

-

-

-

-

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 30, 2014 08:54 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for having put my pictures.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 28, 2015 11:43 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just discovered that Les Cinglés will move from September to January (as it originally was). So, there will logically be no edition in 2015. Only two days (instead of three) are announced : 29 (Friday) and 30 January 2016.

--------------------
Dominique

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2015 12:24 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this exact?

Very bad news! Always bad to change the date of a filmfair!

Overmore, if the weather is bad ( like snow, for exemple), I'll not come! Like a lot of other people ( and I never had snow in september! )

Overmore, it's the same date that the filmfair of Tourcoing!

Very bad news indeed! It's my opinion!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 28, 2015 12:34 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found the info there : http://fousdecinema.canalblog.com/archives/2012/06/21/3830436.html

I personnally prefered January. We'll see how things will be organized ; I think the date is not the only thing to change : animation and food are also important. What I believe is not a good idea is to maintain a seller's day (with a 15 euro fee entrance, what's more on a Friday) as it gives you the feeling that every interesting items have already benn sold before the general public arrives.

--------------------
Dominique

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 28, 2015 04:09 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm quite happy that the fair is back to its original date.
Among things being discussed between us (the exhibitors) and the organizers is the downsizing of the merchant day to only Friday afternoon and open to the public on Friday night.

--------------------

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2015 12:53 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, there will be friday afternoon, friday night ( the filmfair would be open until...? ) and saturday. Is that correct?

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC