8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Home Cinema Gerald Mckee

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Home Cinema Gerald Mckee
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 25, 2013 10:54 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see that a copy of Gerald McKee's "The Home Cinema" is for auction from a seller in Eastbourne, UK.

The starting bid is £2.99, and the seller will despatch worldwide.

Here is your chance to get one of the copies of this first edition which was limited to 350 copies.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gerald-McKee-The-Home-Cinema-Classic-Home-Movie-Projectors-1922-1940-/321212508565?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item4ac9c1e995

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 25, 2013 11:45 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 3rd reprint of this very interesting book.

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 25, 2013 11:48 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a copy also. A really superb book on old projectors, with an extensive section on all facets of the Pathe Baby.

My book does not have a proper cover. If anyone can send me a scan of the cover, I would really appreciate it.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2013 12:34 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tempted with this one. I have one of his other books and used to enjoy his column in the old Film Making magazine.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 25, 2013 02:35 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have his FILM COLLECTING - Top-notch, Shorty

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 26, 2013 02:21 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was first printed in 1989, my copy, bought direct from Gerald, was a reprint of 1994. It goes from Agfa to Zeiss Ikon. Also including, Sound on Disc, Toy Projectors, 35mm in the Home, and many more,

I highly recommend this book.

--------------------
Maurice

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2013 04:11 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The McKee books are essential reference texts..so,as D.Dickinson would say,"get your money on the table!" [Wink]

--------------------
Trevor

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 28, 2013 02:23 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I bought my book from Gerald he told me he was working on part two of the book which would continue with the new post-war projectors. He said he had started but there was a lot to do.

I kept in touch about once a year, each time he said it was slow going due to his bad health.

After his sad death I heard that all his research paperwork was now in the hands of a very well-known collector who might eventually be able to publish. It's all now gone very quiet.

However, the collector is a regular table holder at the Ealing conventions. If he is at Ealing next month I will have a word with him to ask how the project may be going.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC