8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Gravity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gravity
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 04, 2013 09:04 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The new 3D movie Gravity, starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney is getting rave reviews in the press and on radio and TV. Apparently the 3D of Sandra Bullock floating in space is truly awesome and makes the audience feel that they themselves are suspended out there too. Anybody here seen it?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 05, 2013 08:58 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen as yet, but the reviews out here have been very good. Its the school holidays at the moment, so will wait till after them and watch it on digital "3D", when its a bit quieter.

Graham.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 06, 2013 02:31 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Waw, school holiday at the beginning of october. The kids don't have July and August off ?

--------------------
Dominique

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 06, 2013 03:37 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope...The seasons are "opposite" ie.. The summer school holidays run from December through to the end of January, at the moment we are into spring. [Cool]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 06, 2013 03:59 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Must be strange for the Europeans who go to live there, lol.

--------------------
Dominique

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2013 03:42 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I visited Australia in October 01 Went to Tasmania cool, but I thought I had picked up bad cold, what was it hay fever. TWICE in one year.

Wish I had bought a couple of the film posters in Hobart, but money was a little bit rationed.

The posters were about 4ft high 18 inch wide.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2013 09:21 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very entertaining film. There is one sequence where things are thrown out of the screen. Very intense also. The whole audience was very quiet. Highly recommended.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 07, 2013 10:54 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to put of going to this movie until after the school holidays. However the weather is not very good at the moment, just the thing for going to the movies...so I did [Smile]

"Gravity" in digital 3D was "brilliant"... "stunning"...the wow factor [Cool] ....highly recommend it. In fact I am going to go again. [Big Grin]
 -

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 14, 2013 02:42 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. Gravity is intense, involving and visually beautiful. An amazing experience in 3D and exactly the length it should be at 91 minutes!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 14, 2013 02:50 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not yet in the videmas, here.

--------------------
Dominique

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 15, 2013 08:52 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent movie.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 15, 2013 02:48 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bullock upside down is the movie

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC