8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Star Wars on Blu-ray

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Star Wars on Blu-ray
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 06, 2013 05:42 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched it last night on the Panasonic VP...looked really good, however its the 1997 cut not the 1977 one...but its still fun to watch.
 -
 -
 -

Graham. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 06, 2013 06:08 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi It does look really good, also the dvd was great as well. I think its one of those small difference on Blu Ray but worth that little bit for this film job.

I could never afford the real thing. Could`nt when it went for £160 odd.

Looks good on an XGA VP so would be incredible on a full 1080p machine.

Best Mark.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 06, 2013 07:53 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's quite funny ...

I have the Blu-ray as well, but i still prefer the super 8 scope or Cineavision versions, occasional scratches, more grain and all. In some ways, i feel that they did a little too much clean-up, but most folks wouldn't complain.

On one irritating note, I bought that 6 disc blu-ray set, and it had two copies of "Return of the Jedi" but it didn't have the first of the two disc of extras, that included the first three prequels extras. I got gypped by 20 or so dollars!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2013 06:32 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice screenshots, Graham. Star Wars is by far the most impressive Blu-ray transfer of the original trilogy.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 08, 2013 08:06 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never really worked out which is the best box to buy on Bloo Rays as everyone seems to have a different view on what’s best. Ideas anyone?

Picture of box?

Confused dit com

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 08, 2013 08:51 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Buy them all. Less decision making! [Wink]

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2013 09:53 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee, there box sets on BluRay. Original trilogy, prequel trilogy, and the box that has both. Only the latter box set also has the extras that OSI was cheated out of.

OSI did you return it? Exchange it?

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 08, 2013 12:21 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never got around to it, and when I did finally think about getting around to it, I lost the receipt, so I'm stuck with it.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 10, 2013 12:35 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone. That will be the blue box then.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC