8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Still on the road

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Still on the road
Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2013 05:03 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still making my way back home from Cinesea 8 in Wildwood. At this moment I'm sitting in a bar on Beale Street in Memphis. Should be home Saturday. I was the first to arrive and will be the last to make it back. Cheers my friends.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 10, 2013 05:16 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Memphis is for me linked with a famour French song "Sur la route de Memphis" (On The Road To Memphis) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV2sNzW438Y

--------------------
Dominique

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 10, 2013 11:29 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was great seeing you again, Guy!

When I'm on my 3.5 hour trip down to Wildwood and it starts to feel like I'm never going to get there I think of your trip, just for perspective.

I've been watching the features you sold me a reel each per night. I finished "Sons of the Desert" last night and it is a good print and a great movie! I was supposed to finish "This is the Army" tonight but when I turned on the audio I got an earful of hum! I figured out I had a bad cable just in time to give up for the night!

(This is why most people just watch TV!)

Safe Journeys!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted October 11, 2013 02:00 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guy

It was great meeting you. have a safe trip back. Thanks for the great deal on the digests I bought from you. They are great!

PatD

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 11, 2013 05:47 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a Guy! Thank you for runing some of the films I brought, BEN-HUR did have nice color - Stay in touch - It is always a pleasure, and bring more to sell or trade - Shorty

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2013 05:33 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back home 2:00 PM today; best two weeks of my life.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 12, 2013 05:42 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome home, Guy!

-now from about 6 states away!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2013 06:18 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If. things work out, I'll see you in April Steve.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2013 05:36 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guy, I'm glad you made it back home safe & sound; you were probably out of "Lone Star" by now! [Wink]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2013 05:51 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Made it home with two cans left in inventory. Nice to meet you in person. Been thumbing thru the magazines I purchased from you. I'm going to contact Phil Sheard and subscribe.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC