8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Uploading Screenshots

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Uploading Screenshots
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 19, 2013 02:51 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could anybody give me a quick rundown on how to upload screenshots to a post, or a link to another thread which does so?
Thanks in advance.

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 19, 2013 02:56 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two things is important ... In Paint, resize the picture to 550 pixels wide (Change size? My version is norwegian and says Endre Størrelse, which directly translated means change size)

And it needs to be under 200kb (which is most probably is at that size)

Then it should be straight forward

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 19, 2013 04:48 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To back what Vidar said, follow the instructions when you click on the "upload" button in the menu bar on the left.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 19, 2013 05:58 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great. Thanks, both.
[Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 20, 2013 08:41 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Micheal, your not th3e only one who is confused by uploading photo's on here! I always have to ask Doug to help, as I don't know how to resize images to fit the small peremeters that are required for this forum.

I hope you have better luck. [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 20, 2013 09:39 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

When you click on the "Post Reply" button, you're taken to the page where you type your reply in the message box. Underneath that box, on the left side is a link that reads "Click here to upload an image." If you click on that, you're taken to the Image Upload page. Scroll down and you'll see a place to enter your user name and password. After doing that, click on the "Browse" button, which lets you choose the photo you want to upload.

Remember, the photo can't be any larger than 550 pixels wide and must be less than 200K file size. After you've chosen the photo, click the "Submit" button. If everything works properly, you'll see the "Success! Your Photo has been uploaded!" page. Copy the link for your photo and paste it into your response.
The photo should show up in your post!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 20, 2013 10:03 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
.....copy the link for your photo and paste it into your response.....
That's the bit I don't understand. Perhaps Doug could further explain.

--------------------
Maurice

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2013 10:14 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cut and paste Maurice

Douglas Meltzer

- posted October 20, 2013 10:26 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice,

Once you've chosen your picture and clicked on the submit button, you're taken to the "success!" page:

-

Drag your mouse over the link and copy it, then paste it into the text box that you are writing your reply in, like this:

-

Then just click on "Add Reply" as you normally do.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 20, 2013 11:52 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Doug, for the splendid detailed instructions. Now I understand.
Computers and I don't really get on together, but slowly I am learning all the time.

--------------------
Maurice

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 20, 2013 01:08 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Doug [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC