8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Renown Pictures Ltd

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Renown Pictures Ltd
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 27, 2013 04:17 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Members will be aware of my criticism of too many DVDs on sale at the 62nd BFCC, but as a lover of British B movies I must say I had an interesting chat with the MD of Renown Pictures. There laid out on the table were films from my long forgotten youth.

MD, Noel Cronin, said that in addition to their own Renown films, the company also had the rights to films from Eros, New Realm and Butchers. He is always looking out for 16mm prints of collectors which the company don't have available for DVD transfer. Obviously Renown can only use material of which they hold the copyright.

Check out their website and see if you have anything which may interest Noel.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2013 06:00 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
very interesting this I have 100s of films they might be interested in well done Maurice

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2013 05:25 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have watched quite a few of the dvd's from this distributor. And I think 'Lance Comfort' features as director of quite a few of the films.

I must admit to liking them, most have up and coming stars. If you get the chance take a look at them, they make a refreshing change.

This is where I find DVD good. The films would neer get out on super 8 now. Although they would be on 16mm like you say.

Think entertainment double bills and you will enjoy them.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2013 02:10 PM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it helps any I know and have worked with Noel on the transfers of the Renown releases.

Email me if you would like any assistance.

Best,
Rick

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC