8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Some pictures from 62nd BFCC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some pictures from 62nd BFCC
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 28, 2013 05:40 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the entrance to the school
 -

Get your tickets here
 -

First room
 -

Entering the big room, Perry's the first I saw
 -

Overview of the big room
 -

Perry's to Classic Home Cinema view
 -

Still in the big room
 -

CHC ... Too bad I don't have enough money, The Mummy was tempting, but at GBP 300, it was sadly out of my range this time
 -

More to follow, if it's not too annoying

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 28, 2013 05:45 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please continue!

(It may be as close as I'll ever get!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 28, 2013 05:58 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay ... Fourteen more pictures (8 at a time)

Buckingham being browsed by my friend
 -

First little batch of what I bought
 -

Here we go into the viewing room, I must say I like my T-shirt too (even if my body makes it look out of shape [Roll Eyes] )
 -

The projectors being checked, here we go in a minute
 -

Screen in non-scope setup
 -

Introducing the show
 -

Got to see cartoons, trailers and a digest
 -

I said 8, but can only post 7? Or am I miscounting?

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 28, 2013 06:28 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good show. It's surprising that you had time to browse and buy!

--------------------
Maurice

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 28, 2013 07:10 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it was too hectic. Wish I'd gotten to talk to a lot of the people.

This was a nice digest with super colors
 -

So went back outside after the Super 8 show, which was very good apart from the speaker problem
 -

Getting some films from Rake ... Great guys
 -

And some from Buckingham
 -

Was some fine stuff everywhere really ... Got a Peter Pan I didn't have from here
 -

Loads of nice posters hanging around
 -

35mm show getting ready
 -

That's it for now

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 28, 2013 08:41 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Top job Vidar and nice to see young Keith lacing up the 35 machine. [Cool]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 28, 2013 09:04 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably should know, but who are the two guys in the Introducing the show picture?

Keith is one of the BFCC guys, right? Wilton?

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2013 09:38 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The actor Brian Murphy, from among others, George and Mildred the TV show from the 1970's

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted October 28, 2013 09:45 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar.
The man is legend and also known as Keith Wilton holding the mike along with Mr Murphy star of ‘On your way Riley’ 1985 amongst many other excellent performances and a fine British actor.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2013 09:48 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there seemed plenty of empty tables did some dealers not turn how many dealers tables were there ,pictures were very good thanks for posting glad everyone enjoyed it

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 28, 2013 09:54 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar,

Thanks for the pictures.

The emoticon is counted as 1 pic, that is why you got 7 pics only because you use 1 emoticon (greemlins).

You got 3 x 400' Westworld for GBP 15?! that is a steal price. How is the color, good or faded?

What is the title of digest with gorgeous color?

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2013 10:18 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert, The screen shot of the digest looks like a part of Jason and the Argonauts, when they fighting the scorpion on the beach, or when they first spot the giant bronze statue that's springs to life.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2013 10:44 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
there seemed plenty of empty tables did some dealers not turn how many dealers tables were there
David, I think Vidar's pictures must have been taken very early in the day, because the dealer room was pretty much stuffed with traders and buyers all day. No empty tables, I booked late and had to be squeezed in in the entrance between the ticket fellas and the Bring and Buy. It proved to be a very good spot!

Great pictures Vidar, sorry we didn't get to say hello on the day.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2013 10:47 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, there was only one empty table (it was boked because there was the name of the dealer on it, but there was nobody there) but all the others were assigned to dealers and were full of things.

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2013 11:10 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it was 'Jason and the Argonauts'. Not a digest as such, but an extract from the full feature released by Derann some years ago.

Vidar, I saw you at various times during the day but didn't realize who you were otherwise I would have spoken to you. Ah well there is always next year (hopefully)

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 28, 2013 11:38 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really hope there will be more. It was great fun. Yes, 15 is a decent price for Westworld and I will check it out today, Winbert. Might post some pictures of this later. The Jason and the Argonauts was part of the Super 8 show and it's sadly not mine :-/

It would be nice to meet you guys, but it was quite hectic and I am a bit shy with loads of people. And most of these pictures were from between 10 and 1 I believe.

I wrote and told BFCC how much I loved this and hopefully they get enough positive feedback to try again.

I stop using Gremlins then :-) Thanks, Winbert, now I at least know why. And 15 for Westworld, as I said, was fine, but when going to the club meetings in Norway, sometimes I get fine full feature prints for around 12-20 (I paid about that for Airplane, Grease, The Godfather, Escape From Alcatrazz) My cheapest feature yet is a GBP 1 Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill 16mm feature To Find a Friend, is to Find a Trease I believe it was called.

Fingers crossed for next year

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 28, 2013 08:23 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like a great venue: loads of room and a real auditorium as well.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2013 09:35 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Heaven! Thanks Vidar for posting. Maybe one I can make it.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC