8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Ebay Refund

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ebay Refund
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 31, 2013 05:04 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is not a film related story, but eBay is always an interesting topic. I bought an article from eBay, the seller of which had more than one of this new item. It was described as "Quick Despatch". I paid via PayPal.

After 12 days item not received, so eBay invited the Seller to respond. His reply was "Hi, I'm sorry. I'll send it out again today".

After this hopeful reply a further 17 days had gone by and no sign of the item so I got in touch with eBay, explaining the whole tale once again and saying that I wanted a refund.

Within minutes of sending this last request, it had been agreed and the refund was in my PayPal account.

Here's the question to members with eBay experience. Obviously my refund payment was eBay's money. Will they now proceed to get this money from the seller or can they automatically take it from his PayPal account.

Also, will this event in anyway go against the seller?

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2013 05:13 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the one experience I had, Paypal will send the seller an invoice for the amount they refunded you. They can't just take it from his account, but will use debt collectors if he doesn't pay up.

I think a mark against him only happens if you open a case.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2013 05:23 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
re quick dispatch how it works if the seller is a bit of a card what they do is make you wait and string you along and when you don't receive it they make an excuse oh I have been in hospital etc ,then you wait again ,so you then don't receive it so you file a claim but then find its out of time so ebay and paypal wont get involved so it hook or by crook how you get your money back ,if you file a claim item not received which has to be done in a limited time they draw the payment out of his account and its piggy in the middle you don't have it seller does not have its floating between you both when ebay make a decision they pay you your money back has the floating money is from the sellers account

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2013 05:42 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If buying a new item I look at the sellers feedback. I had to return one item, and the seller said he would refund when the item arrived. We kept waiting and waiting, then I looked at his feedback and around 6 times in two weeks he claimed never to have received an item that was returned to him. The Royal Mail isn't the best service, but they don't lose parcels on this scale. We opened a case before it was too late and the money was refunded by Ebay.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 31, 2013 06:22 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An interesting reply from David.
A few years ago I bought a high value item on eBay which proved to be very troublesome when received.
The seller always had what appeared to be a very valid excuse to do nothing. I was green at that time and it was only when I woke up to the fact that my eBay "time was up" for making a formal complaint did I realise what had been happening.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC