8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Singing In The Rain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Singing In The Rain
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 03, 2013 04:06 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just watched the French film Etoile sans lumière (recently broadcast on French television). This film inspired Singing In The Rain. Although Edith Piaf and Yves Montand (among other French stars) played in it, it is far to be a masterpiece. The actors are not at their top and you can hardly believe in the story : the clothes are clearly not those from the late twenties but from 1946 (the date of the film) and the actress who is supposed to have a bad voice to make talkies speaks normally. The American version is better than the original one but it is to remember that it was not an original idea.

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2013 04:35 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is interesting to know. I'll have to search this out on dvd.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC