8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » never been known at any film convention (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: never been known at any film convention
David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2013 12:27 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
due to all the moaning and winging there will be no popcorn this will be announced at my film fair why there will be no popcorn the answer will be read the forum

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 13, 2013 03:10 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

Stand by your concession stand confection convictions!Don't be swayed by pessimistic popcorn protests! I think you should absolutely try it out on the 17th and see how it goes.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 16, 2013 03:58 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Popcorn no less! Another first for the North West well done David. Very unique this and the only 2 day film collectors event n the whole UK so be very proud David. The fish and chips are on by the way. [Big Grin]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 16, 2013 11:46 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the previous post David was not going to sell POPCORN and blame folk here on this forum for NOT selling it.

Frankly I couldn't care less if you serve popcorn or fish and chips or whatever, but this is an internet site and folk can express there likes or dislikes on a particular subject....that's life.

Graham

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2013 02:09 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly I won't be able to go this year, knee problems no driving till mid December. [Mad] I needed to buy some projector lamps.

I would have bought a bag of Walkers EXTRA CRUNCHY crisps to take though. [Big Grin]

You should visit my local Videma where you can have a pint of beer while watching the film! And they still have the Intermission.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 16, 2013 04:23 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They would need an intermission for the boozers to go to the toilet [Big Grin]

Certainly the cinema I last worked at had a "alcohol ban" we never sold it, or allowed anyone into the cinemas with it.

There were times when people did arrive with alcohol, sometimes hidden, they could leave it behind the counter and collect it when they leave, which most did without any problem.

The danger with allowing alcohol into the cinema, was some folk can become a problem fueled up with booze to deal with. Its just not worth the hassle.

Graham.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC