8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Christmas (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Christmas
Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2013 01:05 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From Sun Valley to the world, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

|  IP: Logged

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2013 02:29 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone. and a Very Merry Christmas and Best wishes to you all from what has been a very wet and windy U.K. We had 85mph gales sweeping across South East Kent with flooding of towns and villages close to rivers. Much disruption of rail, road and air travel. It went north on Christmas Eve and caused further havoc. Fortunately we escaped very lightly with just a short pwer cut and a couple trees brought down in the garden causing only slight damage. Had a lovely sunny but cold walk along Herne Bay sea front this morning with the family and the dog. No screenings in the cinema so far but will do so later in the week quite probably. For many years it was the 1935 version of "Scrooge" on 9.5mm Sound, with Seymour Hicks in the title role. I have seen all the versions made since and still think this is the one that captures the atmosphere of the Dickensian era the best. I have also a copy on VHS which includes the bits that Pathescope cut out and the sound quality is much better. The film was recorded using the Visatone system,(Unilateral variable area with noise reduction) and this did not reproduce very well when reduction printed on 9.5mm by Pathescope. Ken Finch. [Smile]

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2013 03:25 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... and a merry christmas to all from Norway! Abit late, as I've been away for the last two days :-) No xmas screenings this year, but did a pre-xmas show at work + I'm doing something for newyears.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC