8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The Men Behind the Movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Men Behind the Movies
Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2014 06:57 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a person selling these on ebay does anybody know if these are the legitimate copies or knock offs? were these originally put out on video or dvd? thanks
http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-MEN-BEHIND-THE-MOVIES-P art-3-DVD-Super-8-Film-Fans-/370987301575?pt=US_Film&hash=item566090fac7
http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-MEN-BEHIND-THE-MOVIES-Parts-1- 2-On-Two-DVDs-/370987301448?pt=US_Film&hash=item566090fa48

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted January 18, 2014 07:16 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That ebay seller name is very familiar to me. I believe he is a forum member. So that being said, I would guess they are legit. [Wink]

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2014 07:33 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim - These are "kosher" DVD's. They were released by Keith Wilton, who organises the British Film Collectors Convention amongst may other "film" pursuits, originally on VHS videoin the UK. They have since been put out by Keith on DVD.

Very good product and a potted history of 8mm film collecting.

PS the seller is a forum member and a very good eBay seller also.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2014 01:14 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some time ago I was interested in these and I asked the seller if they were original and at that time he informed me they were not that they were copies. So, I didn't buy. I am looking for originals. He may be selling originals now...ask him!

Bill [Smile]

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2014 02:45 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just go here.

http://www.bfcc.biz/

Click on the Filmtek link on the right and order from the very man that puts his heart and soul into our hobby.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 18, 2014 03:01 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We all have a lot to thank Keith for. All his material is highly recommended.

--------------------
Maurice

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 18, 2014 04:49 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would recommend getting those titles direct from Keith Wilton through the link above...he does offer a good range of DVDs on the subject of film collecting.

Graham.

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2014 12:59 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok thanks guys for the info [Smile]

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC