8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » RIP Harold Ramis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RIP Harold Ramis
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 24, 2014 11:44 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So sad to hear about his passing ... Was a huge talent at comedies. Ghostbusters, Groundhog Day and many great movies

|  IP: Logged

Mike Felling
Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2014 12:41 PM      Profile for Mike Felling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was a joke, or one of those fake deaths that get around the web. Unfortunately, it wasn't. RIP Harold Ramis. Sad day. [Frown]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 24, 2014 02:19 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Here here!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 24, 2014 04:22 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was totally shocked when I saw this announced today. Groundhog Day...Ghost Busters and Stripes are classics to me. I never get tired of watching them....very sad [Frown]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 25, 2014 12:58 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's even sadder still, is that Harold had just finished the script for the next "Ghostbusters" film, which at least I had heard reported that the original three were going to be in, (but I'm not quite sure of that) ...

Yes, I think he was the top comedic writer of the last 30 or so years, hands down! (Mel Brooks has the two decades before Harold
all sewn up!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2014 12:38 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Growing up in Ontario meant SCTV was always on the air.
I loved Moe Green with those $24 Dialing For Dollars jackpots and the hilarious kidnapping by the Lutonian Liberation Front.
RIP Harold

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC