8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » BFCC Postponed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BFCC Postponed
John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2014 04:40 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The BFCC scheduled for October has had to be postponed owing to essential building works at the venue which will still be ongoing at the time of the convention. No suitable alternative date was available

So that's the bad news... the good news is we'll be looking to shift to Spring 2015 so that should make everyone very happy.

Paul Adsett, start planning!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

|  IP: Logged

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2014 05:50 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....it's a sad thing when a BFCC is postponed, John; on the other hand I can't hide I feel a bit relieved as I said before was a bit too close to Blackpool.... We look forward to hearing more details
& you & all the organisers have our wholehearted support & gratitude for what you've done for us; many thanks for letting us know so early!

--------------------
Yannis

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 04, 2014 09:05 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well John I am sorry that you and Keith have had to cancel the October convention, but delighted that you are now planning on spring (hopefully May) 2015, which makes it a real possibility that I can attend. [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 04, 2014 10:27 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to 2015 BFCC :-) I was probably not gonna be able to go, so for me, it's very nice to have it in spring 2015. Just hope it doesn't cause to much extra hassle for you super guys arranging it

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 04, 2014 11:21 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a very bad new, indeed. I enjoyed so much the BFCC I attended last year that I was waiting for the next edition impatientely. The Sping 2015 is a year from now :-(

--------------------
Dominique

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2014 03:25 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
every one welcome at the northwest film fair blackpool Hilton hotel in November any one wanting a room book now as rooms are limited please ask for Julie Vincent when booking your room only 15 rooms left

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2014 03:59 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sad in many ways, as I know what sort of planning goes into these events.

Good in another way, as I might actually able to get to a BFCC in spring next year! [Smile]

(John, I think 2015 may just make it the 11th Anniversary of my "Raiders" re-recording!!! - can you believe that???)

Went to Dave's Blackpool event last year and it was terrific. Great event and not to be missed.

Thanks to all you guys and gals that keep these events going!

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2014 04:32 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks rob for your kind words blaclpool will be better than ever I am putting an attraction at the film fair which has never been seen at any film fair here in the uk or abroad and its not to missed its mindblowing

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 04, 2014 05:22 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's please stay on topic.

I'm sorry to see the October BFCC postponed, but thrilled that another is being planned.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2014 05:25 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad new indeed [Smile] but we do have the spring 2015 event to look forward to so all is not lost [Smile]

I may finish my 2 x feature length documentaries by then too [Smile]

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2014 01:26 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a real shame but on the positive side of things I was lobbying for an 18 month hiatus so we could shift to a Spring date after the 62nd (yes, the 62nd!!!) BFCC. I just hope the venue can let us have a date in April/May next year. We'll see.

Given the current situation Keith and I have been discussing some of things we've done at these conventions over the years. Though I realize not many people on this forum today were there over the glory days we put on some amazing shows through the years. No one else would attempt sync' pulse to an audience of several hundred people, build a 34ft 'Scope screen just for one day, have live music to silent cinema, assemble a full orchestra for lunch times of live movie music etc. etc. etc. Great times that we're unlikely to ever see the like of again. Then again, there's Spring next year.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 05, 2014 01:41 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What would be cool, would be if you get some of the great actors to drop by. I think David Prowse is doing this from time to time at least. You know, any classic actors (not the Pitts and those)

Christopher Lee to be persuaded out of his apartment and do a screening of an old Hammer ... Ohhh, drool

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2014 05:21 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sad to see the BFCC cancelled this year but will look forward to 2015 [Smile] .

John,
I thought you said in previous posts that you couldnt do a spring convention anymore due to work commitments.

Graham S

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 05, 2014 10:12 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then I would think it's outstanding of John to work around those commitments so that a Spring event can take place.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2014 10:59 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree Doug [Smile]

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2014 12:42 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to Spring 2015! [Smile]

I don't collect so much these days, but it'll be great to see the shows - no one does it like Keith and John - and catch up with old friends.

Only a year to go... [Wink]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2014 12:46 PM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Graham. Doug is right, I am putting myself out even more just for the good of the hobby. October still costs me quite substantially but Spring is worse. Given the situation with Super 8 now, if I can help keep things going a while longer then I will.

Let's all just hope we are offered a date in Spring otherwise we'll have an 18 month hiatus.

--------------------

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2014 01:10 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done John for putting in all the effort over the years, ok so the 2014 event has been possibly moved which is unfortunate but at least the offer of another event is on the table which is fantastic, The BFCC is a great event to go to and hats off to all involved, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 09, 2014 08:02 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really sorry to not have the October BFCC one to look forward to but delighted that John and Keith are willing to organise a Spring 2015 one. My memories of the great early 80s events in Holborn Library and Conway Hall were all Spring events and I think that over the years the attendances at the Spring events have tended to be higher than the Autumn ones, so I hope the move is also useful in that respect.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC