8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » What's Your Favourite Film?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's Your Favourite Film?
David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2014 02:34 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at other sites they have 'What's Your Favourite Film?' Now I find this almost impossible mainly because I enjoy lots of different films, and my taste changes over the years.

Where Eagles Dare is one I like to watch, but I can also watch the Dollar films. The late and very GREAT Ray Harryhousen I find very enjoyable. Some of the films raved about by the critics do nothing for me.

The films of the last few years even less. CGI is spoiling films, sure they look worse the 30 years ago.

Look at the Cinema Retro on Where Eagles Dare the cable car was on a film set, but very well done.

Now how do I list my likes? Currently watching 'Queen Kong' total crap, but fun. King Kong with T**Ts.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

|  IP: Logged

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2014 03:01 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Happiest Days of Your Life" [Wink]

--------------------
Trevor

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 21, 2014 03:03 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a weak spot for Alien, Ridley Scott's masterpiece.

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 21, 2014 03:44 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Airport", of course!

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2014 12:22 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine has to be Steven Spielberg's classic "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind", I've lost count how many times I've seen this over the years.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 22, 2014 03:22 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me to Barry,
When it first came out I went to the afternoon performance, when it ended I sneaked into the toilets and back in for free to see the early evening performance, [Big Grin] Naughty I know but I think in the cinema I saw it 17 times. probably paid to see it 8 or nine.
I still cant really watch it on TV as this is a big screen film.

John Yapp
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2014 03:57 AM      Profile for John Yapp   Email John Yapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jaws, A night to remember, A taste of Honey, Back to the future 1,2,or 3, The Sting, and probably a completely different list tomorrow!

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2014 05:44 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Raise The Titanic [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2014 06:23 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
King Kong....the original,of course

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 22, 2014 08:18 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Hard Day's Night!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2014 09:14 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Italian Job,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 22, 2014 12:02 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Impossible to answer! [Frown]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted April 22, 2014 12:15 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You surprise me, Osi!

How could it NOT be Grizzly Adams?

I keep catching myself calling films in my collection "my favorite".

I must be up to about twenty "favorites" by now.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Clay Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2014 02:44 PM      Profile for Clay Smith   Email Clay Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last month I bought a copy of King Vidor's The Crowd (silent - 1928) from Gerald Santana. Watched it in my garage on a rainy afternoon and was totally blown away. Next week my favorite film might be Blade Runner or To Kill A Mockingbird.
But right now it's The Crowd. Thanks Gerald.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted April 22, 2014 03:12 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Valley Of The Dolls.

William Davis
Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2014 03:20 PM      Profile for William Davis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hard to answer but I would say MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY (1962) first. After that I like the later John Wayne westerns.

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2014 03:49 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody expects the favourite film inquisition! My 2 favourite films are Brazil, Life of Brian and Monty Python and the Holy Grail....damn, i'll come in again. My three favourite films are...

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2014 03:13 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best film I ever saw was "The Seven Samurai" but like Trevor my favourite is "The Happiest Days of your Life."

--------------------
Paul.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2014 06:06 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
smallest show on earth and hindle wakes Saturday night and sunday morning and jigsaw with jack warner which I have in my collection

Robert Lewis
Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2014 07:50 AM      Profile for Robert Lewis   Email Robert Lewis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a question which I think is easier to ask than to answer, but I have to say that I am a fan of early post war British comedies and so.... "The Smallest Show On Earth", "The Titfield Thunderbolt", "The Happiest Days Of Your Life", and "It's Great To be Young" immediately spring to mind. All quite wonderful!

Michael Mc Dermott
Junior

- posted April 23, 2014 09:52 AM      Profile for Michael Mc Dermott   Email Michael Mc Dermott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Without question, THE SEARCHERS. Have seen it so many times. Have a Tech and black and White print and all the video editions. Never tire of watching it. Still brings a tear to my eye when the Duke lifts Natalie Wood up towards the end and says, Lets go home Debbie.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC