8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » 35 mm filmstock available ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 35 mm filmstock available ?
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 23, 2014 01:04 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was contacted by the French 9,5 club to leave a message on this forum. It seems that it will not be possible to have more Fuji 35mm filmstock once the remaining stock lasts. The French company Color City who reperforts 9,5 camera film from 35mm filmstock is looking for an alternative to Fuji film. Ferrania has not finish its tests until now and the stock of 9,5 filmstock is shinking. Does anyone know a source of 35mm film ?

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 23, 2014 04:13 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kodak

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 23, 2014 11:42 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. I will check if they have reversal 50 or 100 asa.

--------------------
Dominique

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2014 01:27 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also Agfa has it, but both Kodak and Agfa are photographic films, so it may not run properly well in a cinecamera due to lubrication.

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2014 06:24 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kodak no longer makes reversal. Only negative stock.

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 24, 2014 06:37 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dom. The only thing you will need to remember with Agfa is the film base is thinner so may prove fussy in some 9-5 vintage cameras, but I would look at Agfa as they seem to be leading the way with the very popular 200D stock.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 24, 2014 10:40 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the advises. Photographic film is not the best option but may be considered if nothing else is available. I am still hoping to hear good news from Ferrania or from another source. I can onl advice ninefivers to make stock of Velvia while it is possible.

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 30, 2014 06:47 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish to renew the call for 35 mm stock as this was the subject of the Editor's view in the French Ciné 9,5 magazine I've just received. It seems that remaining 9,5 filmstock will last less longer than expected (maybe our British friends bought from Color City since the British source has stopped), which is a good new for the health of the gauge, but needs to find new sources of reversal film. The stock needed should be unperfored (to be able to make three strips of 9,5 instead of two with perfored stock) 50 or 100 asa, preferabily 600 meters lenght minimum. So, if anyone has any usefull information...

--------------------
Dominique

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 30, 2014 06:54 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dom Try and contact Richard he will help you I am sure, they also do roll ends. richard@comtelpm.com

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted June 30, 2014 10:41 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Lee, I've just sent him a message.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC