8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Maurizio visits!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Maurizio visits!
Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 19, 2014 02:42 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the pleasure of seeing Maurizio Di Cintio during his recent visit to New York. We originally met during his 2009 trip (I recall a fascinating lunch with Jon Addams), so it was wonderful to spend some time again with the gentleman from Ortona.

-
John Capazzo, Maurizio & Alan Rik. The Elmo in the background was trying to photobomb.

-
Maurizio, me, John

-
Maurizio & the closet o' film.

Now I have to work on my trip to Italy.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 19, 2014 08:09 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing Doug the friendships that are forged on this forum. What great pics of great film collector friends! [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 19, 2014 08:12 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come to CineSea and find out for yourself, Paul!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 19, 2014 08:15 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am really hoping for that pleasure this year Steve.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 19, 2014 11:37 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the pictures. By the way, it would be nice if more members could ad their pictures as it is always good to see how people look like. This forum is a modern version of a amateur cine club on an international scale.

--------------------
Dominique

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted July 20, 2014 02:16 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a great time! Of course Mr. Moderator has many gems in his collection and one of the highlights was the 400 ft digest of "Golden Voyage of Sinbad" from Piccolo films re-recorded into English. Only print I have ever seen with great colors and the redub was A+++.
Now if he could only tell me how to use the horrible black Derann reels as a take up spool and have it catch properly...hmmm..

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 20, 2014 08:08 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody can Alan! ha ha. They were awful reels to get the film back onto, only to be outdone by the even more ridiculous 1600ft so called Supaspools (not!).

I dump everyone I ever get a print on and swap them immediately for something decent [Smile]

[ July 20, 2014, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2014 05:59 PM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW Doug - I can't believe it's been 5 years since we had that wonderful lunch with Maurizio in New York, I wish I could have been there again.

Perhaps next trip?

Next time you cross the pond you may want to check Ortona, for in addition to Maurizio living there, that city has some great War World 2 history.

Più belle donne!! [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

Jon

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2014 10:29 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's nice to see Alan. We've had a few deals together and he graciously stepped aside so I could buy Bug's Life recently. Thanks so much.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted July 21, 2014 04:37 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Larry its the least I could do. You played such an important part of my formative teen years. I loved getting your lists and you were the only one who sent me an actual handwritten letter to my request. I still have it! I was asking about Star Wars the feature!
I was that kid who went home and daydreamed about all the Super8 films I would have. Lo and behold...many many years later...Larry Arpin from LA films is on the forum.
You have done great wonders for this hobby and for my hobby too. You are one of the good, no GREAT guys. Now I hope that gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling. [Smile]
And I still have the 400ft trailer reel of Martial arts films that you produced. 5 fingers of death!! Bruce Lee...awesome!

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 21, 2014 07:20 PM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great evening! A perfect ending to my trip to USA. And Jon, you are right, Ortona is very interesting under several points of view. Have you ever been there? Anyway, we missed you.... Take care!

Thank you so much, Doug, John and Alan. I really had a good time. And it's always fascinating to see how this wonderful hobby of ours brings good people together. I hope one day I can make it to the Cine Sea: if the right combinations of dates and days off from work match properly, I'll be there!

So long from Italy to everybody!!!

P.S.: Dominique, perhaps I'll be travelling by train through Brussels this Friday, heading to The Haag to pick up some rolls processed by Frank (if he manages to do this in time): feel free to join me, in this case.

--------------------
Maurizio

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 21, 2014 10:56 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurizio, I would have done that with pleasure, especially as I have also to go to this city but I am on holiday in Israël (in Jerusalem at the moment) until the 29 th August. PS : from Brussels to Den Haag, there is a bus (Eurolines) much cheaper than the train if you are prepared to spend about three hours in transportation.

--------------------
Dominique

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2014 03:16 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dominique, thank you for your suggestion, I'll keep it in mind. All the best.

--------------------
Maurizio

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2014 12:20 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan-Thank you so much for your comments. I really miss those days. They were so much fun.

Vincent Zabbia
Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2014 11:41 AM      Profile for Vincent Zabbia   Author's Homepage   Email Vincent Zabbia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great group shot. I believe John Capazzo speaks Italian.
Am I right John? Hope you had some cheese and wine..

--------------------
Vincent Zabbia

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2014 02:00 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
si, Vincenzo. Noi abbiamo formaggio, vino y super 8 films! I said we had cheese, wine and...

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC