8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » has anybody lost a package with usps?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: has anybody lost a package with usps?
Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2014 09:36 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
has anybody lost a package with usps? i sent out a camera lens with a circuit board attached for a TRV unit last week priority with tracking and as of today still nothing the tracking still says it was accepted and delivery was last friday and the person at the other end has not received anything either i wish i would have taken out more insurance on this but who would have thought i have trusted the usps for years and sent hundreds of packages. [Mad]

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

|  IP: Logged

Jon Addams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2014 09:58 AM      Profile for Jon Addams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Jim,

One never knows what to expect when dealing with the United States Postal System. My experiences dealing with it can be written into a Hitchcock's script and it would have been one of his best as I never know what would happen to a package once I give it to them, there is no better suspense [Wink] . Believe me, my fingers hurt from crossing them until I see the package arrived at its destination.

Recently I had a package sent to me by my daughter from Philadelphia (87 miles away) which took 34 days to get to me, yet I have had packages from the West Coast shipped parcel post that received in 3 days, more than once.

A couple of months back, I bought some reels from a fellow member and promptly sent a check to Pennsylvania, I finally paid by PayPal because the check never go there. What happened to that piece of mail? I have no idea, it has never shown up anywhere and it has never gotten back to me.

I had many packages I thought were lost that arrived much later than expected with only 4 still missing since 2001.

I am beginning to think that winning the lottery is a safer bet than speculating delivery time by the post office.

Ironically, I still believe the United States Postal System is the best postal system in the world. [Wink]

Jon

[ July 26, 2014, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Jon Addams ]

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted July 22, 2014 10:00 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did a couple of years ago. I sent a cell phone I purchased back to the seller. He never got it. A claim was filed and I got my money in about a month or so. I wonder if someone on the other end of your package signed in place of the purchaser?

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2014 02:32 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The post office I sent it from said the tracking sticker could of fallen off and maybe its going parcel instead of priority which is possible? i'm hoping for that possibility in the long run. As far as anybody signing it at the other end it goes to the main office before it gets distributed to it receiver which he said would text me when it arrives.
The usps is investigating this now and will hopefully find something out.
UPDATE: OK the package which was suppose to be delivered in 2 days from 7-16-14 arrived in California a week later and is now not deliverable this is what the USPS site says, "Your item was undeliverable as addressed at 7:25 pm on July 23, 2014 in DUBLIN, CA 94568. It is being returned if appropriate information is available". So the address given to me does not exist?

[ July 24, 2014, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Jim Schrader ]

--------------------
jim schrader

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2014 10:01 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim,
You stated it was delivered last Friday, so the tracking sticker couldn't have fallen off. Whoever told you that at the post office is full of crap, and just giving you an excuse to satisfy you....
So either the person you sent it to received it, or it was stolen.... [Frown]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 23, 2014 02:55 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was impressed with the delivery of this through usps of only 6 days from the date of postage to our front door [Cool]
 -

John Brooks
Junior

- posted July 26, 2014 10:35 AM      Profile for John Brooks   Email John Brooks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1RsUbl4QsU

Clay Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2014 12:03 PM      Profile for Clay Smith   Email Clay Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just had shoulder surg. this past Tues but I got to weigh in on this. I agree with Jon Adams. My failure rate with United States Postal Service is minimal. Out of a few thousand packages, I've lost maybe three. The only shipping service I use is USPS. It's easy to focus on the bad 0.002%. The United States Posta Service is the best in my opinion.

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2014 07:52 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the package is being returned as addressed it could not be delivered.

--------------------
jim schrader

Tim Robinson-Ayer
Junior

- posted July 26, 2014 08:59 PM      Profile for Tim Robinson-Ayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Several years ago I thinned out a HUGE music collection and sold a large part of it piecemeal, all shipped via USPS. I was astounded by how many people claimed that they never received the product that I shipped as I used labels printed off of a printer. I have horrible handwriting so I'm not an idiot here or cruel to my postman. I received two items back as undeliverable.

My biggest beef - even more than this issue - was that when selling items I gave very explicit descriptions of what I was selling. Lowballed the quality, if the LP sleeve was EX I called it VG, that sort of thing, basically one step down from reality on the listing (I did this as everyone has different definitions and I'd rather pleasantly surprise someone than disappoint them). I can't tell you how many times people did not read the listing and then whined 'I thought this was that.'

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC