8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Blackpool 2014 Film Convention (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Blackpool 2014 Film Convention
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2015 12:48 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Fumeo projector belongs to me and is the MARC 300 version. The power unit is indeed seen on the floor. An exceptional light output, but these lamps have a life of about 50 hrs and the light does tend to fall off towards the end of those hours.

|  IP: Logged

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2015 01:12 AM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks Simon and Vidar!

Very nice projecor! [Smile]

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2015 02:00 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simon, I too have one of those Fumeo's. They are really bright and a well built projector. Your power pack is it the Fumeo original one? Mine is not the original one, the multi connector is not very long on mine, the projector has to stand on it.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 17, 2015 02:07 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Question to Simon or David:

How difficult are the lamps to find for these nowadays and are they very expensive?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2015 05:38 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think they are getting rare now. I bought ten a few years ago at a sell off price. I only use my Fumeo for big screens now, my Gs/ST1200 for other shows

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 17, 2015 06:59 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
What price then David?

Reason for asking, is I would like a 2k lumens plus S8 PJ one day to showcase S8 but would only invest if the lamps were readily available. As it appears to me, only the Beaulieu HTI ticks all the boxes for price/ future availability from what I am seeing.

The Elmo Xenon is not an option for me nowadays due to the unbelievable noise these create besides the astronomical cost of the lamps not to mention the other too numerous to mention issues associated with the Elmo's.

Maybe I should just stick with one of Robert Tuckers miraculous Bauer T610's that runs the usual A1232 15v 150w lamp yet somehow produces .. now what was it again... Oh yeah, 2400 ansi lumens or thereabouts! Ha ha ha ha. LMFAO!!

Grindhouse at it's very best!!

[ January 17, 2015, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2015 04:06 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All I remember on the price is around $650 with shipping. That was for 6 6000ft 16mm spools and 10 Marc 300 lamps.

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 18, 2015 06:00 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a good price for 10 high powered lamps David! That's besides factoring in the reels.

--------------------

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2015 06:40 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the company was International Cinema Equipment. Must say I did drop lucky on that deal.

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted January 18, 2015 07:23 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
You sure did David! Fantastic price for such a powerful lamp. I bet the image from your Fumeo is just superb!

--------------------

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2015 03:25 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andrew,

the MARC 300 lamps are currenlty available at Wittner-Germany

http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/katalog/05_licht/a_lampen.php

Of course the cost is in my opinion too high if you cosider that the life of the lamp is given for 50 hrs only!

Flavio

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC