8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Not visiting too much. Not well

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not visiting too much. Not well
David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2014 02:44 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've not visited and posted as much over the last few weeks. I had a real scare about four weeks ago. I got bad chest pains while driving. I called at the RBL for a cold drink thinking indigestion, had to leave the car in car park to walk home only made it about 300m to the only shop open (Sunday). When I went in the assistants in the Spar took one look at me sat me down and called 999.

In to ambulance which seemed to find every pothole on the road. In to A&E I looked like one of Gerry Anderson's puppets with all the wires. The doctor came to see me with the news my blood test was positive for some enzyme so you are not going home.

Still waiting for more tests, but it really focused me.

I think the UK NHS is a fantastic thing to have and the care I had was brilliant.

Glad that neither St Swithens or any of the Carry on lot were there though.

All you Doctors and Nurses out there thank you for taking that job.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 20, 2014 05:04 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish you to recover 100 %.

--------------------
Dominique

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2014 05:17 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks Dominique, I'm trying to look more on the good side. I have to have a test which uses gamma rays or gamma camera, for narrowing artistries I think. My film mind makes me think Hulk!

Never been so scared in my life though.

--------------------

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2014 08:00 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes David, I hope you make a full recovery [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2014 10:35 AM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David
hope you are 100% very soon. I too think our nhs fantastic.
was it the royal halamshire hospital. my uncle lived on broom hill,very near that hosp, so I know Sheffield well.
best wishes.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2014 11:45 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No I was in Barnsley Hospital, my son Henry was in the Children's Hospital near the Hallamshire which we had to visit a few times while Tik was expecting Henry. Henry was very lucky too he had appendicitis a few years ago. The same symptoms were also in a bug that was about. I think we were very near to loosing him.

Yes we are very lucky with the NHS they do a fantastic job.

Got my nostalgia head on watching the tube with all old stuff. Feeling quite good today. Making changes to my life style too.

Makes you focus on life though.

Thanks for your support. It all helps.

Best wishes to everyone.

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 21, 2014 11:47 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That was very sad news to hear David, hope you are well enough to fully enjoy your Christmas this year and wish you a speedy full recovery in the New Year!
Take care and keep posting David [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted December 21, 2014 12:01 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes to you too David. The hospital is not a place you want to be at this time of year, but it looks like you are getting the care you need. Get well soon!

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted December 21, 2014 12:48 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get well soon friend. [Smile]

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2014 02:37 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David, glad you're in good hands and hope and pray all goes well for you. Best wishes for happy holidays!

Well and to everyone here in this lovely community.

Nick Vermeirsch
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 21, 2014 04:01 PM      Profile for Nick Vermeirsch   Email Nick Vermeirsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes, hope you get well soon.

Nick

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2014 03:03 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks for all your kind messages. I feel quite good the last few days, really looking forward to Christmas which I feel will be more traditional this year.

Making some life style changes got to loose some pounds quite a lot too, more walking so me and Henry go for a short walk. And I have to really cut down on alcohol.

Rattling when I walk though with all the tablets though.

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 22, 2014 03:10 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get well soon. I wish you a speedy recovery, David.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted December 24, 2014 01:19 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A special Merry Christmas to you, David !

--------------------
Dominique

Douglas Warren
Master Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2014 01:27 AM      Profile for Douglas Warren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get well soon David and Happy Holidays.

--------------------
Turn out the lights,the movie is starting!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 24, 2014 11:37 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, most definitely, get well soon.

Us Osgood's have been fighting a massive nasal infection and terrible hacking cough for over four weeks with our little girl (almost two). It hung out in my wife and myself for a good 5 weeks, from beginning to end ...

... and on top of that, she has two teeth coming at the same time on opposite sides of her mouth. So, she has been a little girl who has been throwing up multiple times a day and only today, (thank God), she actually drank from a bottle, her milk after almost two weeks of not being able to, and didn't even throw up this morning. a potentially good sign to be sure!

Once again, best of health!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2014 12:16 PM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes for a speedy recovery David. Ken Finch.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2014 06:34 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Great big Thank you for all your kind messages.

Christmas Eve was bad. Christmas Day fantastic, I peeled the veg and did the little things. My Mum & Dad were here, also Ning one of our Thai friends who lives on her own.

And this morning I moved ALL the bottles of alcohol into the loft. I was drinking way too much. Just a couple of pints now. The doctors told me that cocaine & alcohol are the 2 hardest things to stop.

Talking of cocaine it reminded me of my first trip to Las Vegas. We were walking near Ceasar's Palace when this kid asked us if we wanted to buy some coke. My answer just deadpanned him " Sorry not thirsty, and Pepsi's better' It must have been hours later when we twigged what he was selling.

Still got my sense of humour, and watched Where Eagles Dare. Next viewing January. Have requested this at Penistone Paramount they do Classics every few weeks.

Myocardial perfusion scan (MPS) This is the scan I will be having. I hope Dr Banner is not in charge [Smile]

Again thanks for all your messages. All out there have a Happy New Year.

--------------------

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2014 03:52 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Osi I missed your post above my mine. Its even worse with the young ones you feel so helpless with them. That is a really good sign if she's taking milk. Take care.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC