8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Who is the millionaire (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Who is the millionaire
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 21, 2015 01:20 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a very good point!

I don't know if this seller owns or owned a projector, but just imagine how much higher the print might have went with actual screenshots from the print! [Eek!]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 21, 2015 03:28 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I did offer, but geography was against us. From that you can deduce that the owner did indeed, not own a projector Osi.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2015 03:52 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino is right on target ..in fact just about everybody's opinion on this thread is probably on target. It does give me a feeling of security in knowing that my stereo/scope Super 8 print...that I bought for 250 dollars about 7 or 8 years ago could be a source of needed money, if things get really bad. But right now...I'll just enjoy watching it every year or so...seeing the great colors...hearing the outstanding stereo re-recorded sound..and enjoying it. Maybe that's all the buyer of this print had in mind. He or she is just a lot more endowed with cash than most of us. At that high a price, he or she could not be buying it for an investment to sell for a profit.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 26, 2015 04:54 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
You never know Gary, after all who would have thought 7 or 8 years ago that these could fetch £1000?

Given there won't be any more...ever... who's to say that the money paid when one is unearthed (usually through bereavement sadly), doesn't go higher and higher.

After all, the money paid versus the time that passes when one of these in top condition does become available, is already forming an exponential curve if plotted as a graph!

Perhaps in another 7-8 years we may be on here discussing the first print to break the £5000 barrier.. who knows?

Just make sure, whoever has one of these to use for purpose, that you treasure your asset dearly and project it only on an immaculate, trustworthy machine, or else you may be throwing away a serious amount of money as well as giving all us Super 8mm Derann fanatics on here that would, one day, truly adore a copy of this, an horrendous nightmare!

[ February 26, 2015, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC