8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Question for Doug and Brad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for Doug and Brad
Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2015 03:24 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug/Brad
I find it difficult to add/upload photos/images onto messages. It's easy to paste and copy links onto a message. Why can't photos be done the same way? Or can they? I'm sure I am not alone with this dilemma.
Terry

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 09, 2015 07:59 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry,

Unfortunately photos cannot be pasted into a post. A JPG file has to be uploaded to the server, and at this point there is only one way to do this:

When you click on the "Post Reply" button, you're taken to the page where you type your reply in the message box. Underneath that box, on the left side is a link that reads "Click here to upload an image." If you click on that, you're taken to the Image Upload page. Scroll down and you'll see a place to enter your user name and password. After doing that, click on the "Browse" button, which lets you choose the photo you want to upload.

Remember, the photo can't be any larger than 550 pixels wide and must be less than 200K file size. I work on a Mac, so I use "Preview" to resize my photos. I enter the 550 width in the "Custom" option and it proportionally sets the correct height. After you've chosen and resized your photo, click the "Submit" button on the upload page. If everything works properly, you'll see the "Success! Your Photo has been uploaded!" page. Copy the link for your photo and paste it into your response.

The photo will then be displayed in your post.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2015 10:14 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply Doug but I think the problem I have is that I'm using an IPad and I don't see a way of reducing the size etc of the photos so the attempt always fails. Is there a way?
Terry

Lee Panton
Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2015 10:24 AM      Profile for Lee Panton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry the only way to reduce image size is with photoshop or similar software.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted March 09, 2015 10:26 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Gimp" is a free alternative to Photoshop (search "gimp for ipad" on the web, there's a solution)
Otherwise: Simple Resize App

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 10, 2015 07:25 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Terry,

The best way for you is to use online picture re-sizing website: http://picresize.com/

Upload your picture then order the website to reduce to 550 pixels. You later can download the re-sized picture.

Simple...

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 10, 2015 07:45 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Using Windows, there's a nice enough way to resize. Paint has the option ... Just choose pixels instead of percentages and set width to 550, height automatically resizes. Save picture and upload

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 10, 2015 10:35 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, he is working on Ipad. Surely windows will not be working on Ipad... [Wink]

--------------------
Winbert

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2015 03:02 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert
You're a star. Thank you so much. At last I can add pictures thanks for your help
Terry

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC