8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Any Blackpool info? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Any Blackpool info?
David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2015 05:09 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am pleased to confirm that I have 1 table space left then fully booked up ,this years film fair is not to be missed and I have a few surprises up my sleeve. please support this event and the evening meal on the Saturday night plus a film show on Friday as well

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 25, 2015 05:20 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
David, I know Super 8mm is not your bag so to speak, but it is for many many collectors.

I hope, with this in mind, the format can and will be supported just as well as the other formats at this years convention.

I know of a fellow collector who has been going to the Blackpool outing in the last few years but felt even DVD sales took precedence sadly over the "bootlace" guage.

I do hope Super 8mm films and equipment is as well supported as the other formats in the next, and future events.

This is not aimed as a criticism of past times David... just a plea to you to aim to raise the profile of the event to many of us Super 8mm quality film and quality equipment collectors.

I do hope the tables contain plenty of Super 8mm quality items in the future. [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2015 05:25 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there are plenty tables selling super 8 films and projectors. I myself had over 200 super 8 films on my stall as well as 3 elmo super 8 projectors last year .and there was loads on the bring and buy as well. I would say going of the bookings there will be as many super 8 as 16mm

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 25, 2015 05:26 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Fabulous news David thanks. [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2015 05:26 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
list of dealers to be posted shortly on the forum

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2015 11:39 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anyone who has booked a table at blackpool can you please forward the balance as this should have been paid in full by the 1st july thankyou

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 05, 2015 02:34 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anyone who has booked a table at blackpool can you please forward the balance as this should have been paid in full by the 1st july thankyou

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2015 04:49 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anyone who has booked a table at blackpool and only paid a deposit this has now been lost as balance should have been paid by 1st july .I have had lots of new enquiries this year and dealers who have not paid will be disappointed ,due to new dealers wanting to attend and their is only so much space

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2015 07:32 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a quick question who do we pay for the Dinner this year? and can i have contact details please.

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted July 19, 2015 01:25 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mr Flemming, glad to learn that you are comming to the Blackpool Convention Dinner this year. to book your place
please contact Adrian Winchester, 183 Shirley Road,
Croydon, CR0 8SA. or telephone him on 020 8656 0168 .
The price of a dinner ticket is the same as last year £20.00
we are planning to have an even better meal than last year
and a few other extra's as this year will be the 30th Convention Dinner.
Also don't forget if you are in Blackpool on the Friday night the night before the dinner there will be a film show
presented at the convention venue, the Hilton Hotel all are welcome to join fellow collectors for the show wether you are staying at the Hilton or at another hotel and it's free
Just turn up at the Hilton Hotel on the Friday night show starts at about 8pm, ask at the Hilton reception desk and
they will direct you to the room being used for the film show. hope this information helps...

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2015 02:34 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks David very much appreciated will get that paid up asap.

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2015 11:41 AM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hotel confirmed @ The Moorings and Saturday night dinner booked looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 31, 2015 12:23 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you bringing a projector this year too?

Was nice with the extra viewing. Hoping to get a visa for my wife, as I need her support to be able to go. Also have a room at Moorings

William Fleming
Master Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2015 12:38 PM      Profile for William Fleming   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Vidar yes will bring one with me i hope your wife will get a visa as Milli will be coming along again they can shop while we add to our collections [Smile]

Phil Slater
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2015 05:00 AM      Profile for Phil Slater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Vidar and Will, I'm at the Moorings again this year. See you there!

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2015 05:16 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
will dealers who have only paid £5.00 deposit please contact me as balance should have been paid by the 1st july ,and new dealers have now booked and paid in full so you could be disappointed

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2015 04:40 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well just a quick few words I am now very pleased with all the dealers who have now booked in for blackpool .a full list of dealers will be published soon ,also title of film which will be shown on Friday evening and also a list of films which will be shown on sunday with a few surprizes .I am also pleased to announce that there are over 200 films booked in for the auction on sunday it just gets better

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted August 20, 2015 09:24 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The venue is superb!

-

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 29, 2015 03:01 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
everything looking good for blackpool updates to follow

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 03, 2015 01:19 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone is going, can someone be on the look-see for some Super 8/Std 8 Sound RKO shorts I'm after? - Cheers from Shorty - Will send list to anyone who is of a mind

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2015 04:04 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just a few lines blackpool will soon be here some traders have paid a deposit but not paid balance this needsto be paid .
there will be a film show on Friday evening 16mm feature
also film show after evening dinner on Saturday
anyone wanting a room ring Hilton hotel and ask for Julie Vincent on 01253 627977 mention film fair
table bookings david on 07931 926550
and adrians evening meal on 0208 6560168

[ September 14, 2015, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: David Guest ]

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2015 05:33 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quick update a list of dealers will be posted shortly and a list of films being shown on sunday .also to the people who have asked if phil from clssic home cinema is coming this year the answer is yes he will be there thanks

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC