8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » £15 Delivered !!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: £15 Delivered !!!
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 14, 2015 07:03 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B008H45YSO/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Best Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 16, 2015 06:54 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is good isn't it, unfortunately Blu ray doesn't appear to have been the big hit it was hoping for. I use it and I think its great but like all things digital it starts expensive and soon becomes almost worthless, unlike our cine films which have been around in standard super 8 format worldwide for years, give or take the lingo [Big Grin] [Wink]

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 17, 2015 04:09 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom, yes its taken off in small way , with the real filmie fan types, but the general public are OK with a £15 supermarket DVD player, copy dvds and TVs they never even adjusted the colour etc on.

I set my dad off on Blu Ray, and now he can`t watch the usual DVD`s he used to.

Funnily enough I think Toshiba`s red lazer HD discs would of done better but Sony Knobbled it as we know.

Best Mark.

PS I,ve lost about £165 so far on cine bad luck this month so far, though some was organised in March, but what a lot of great stuff on BR I could of had for that.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2015 02:03 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bought it. Watching Creature From The Black Lagoon. Anyone seen the 3D version?

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2015 03:04 PM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.... despite the storyline this really works.... and the 3D is very good.
Martn

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2015 04:00 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ultimately, at least for film fans, it really doesn't matter that giant Sony won in the HD battle.

Now, finally, we have HD versions of movies we've always longed for...

And just google the releasing companies, such as Arrow Video, they really do seem to care for their product.

Just look at re-mastered versions such as Roger Corman's work, Brian Palmer, Hammer...

Despite some disputes over minor issues, we can now, finally, watch these epics as they were meant to be seen...(please free to comment upon DNR, colour balance, general grading, etc..)

To me, seeing them like this is a revelation, as I have never really seen them as the Director of Photography intended until now...

Truly a revelation in technology that simple didn't exist in terms of "home exhibition" until the last couple of years.

Now we have 4K and Dolby Atmos / DTS X upon the horizon...

Roll on, because at the moment, you will never see an aging Hitchcock, Corman or De Palma production ever looking so new, spritely, or engaging, given the right presentation...

Digital restoration, with due care and consideration, has given new life to older films and a hope to everyone that loves "film".

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2015 04:16 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
totally agree. WELL SAID.

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2015 04:59 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carried on with The Invisible Man Good and NO CGI pure skill for effects.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC