8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » What film shops are no longer with us (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What film shops are no longer with us
Mark Howard
Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2015 03:14 PM      Profile for Mark Howard   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Howard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's been too long. I've still got the Superman 2 and Roger Rabbit boxes for you, ready for next time you're passing. As for Mazel, it was a chaotic place, but I don't remember too many affordable bargains for someone on paper-round wages!

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 07, 2015 03:58 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
50ft shorts only for me back then Mark.

Thanks mate for saving the boxes for me.

If you are free on Monday come and watch a film at mine mate if you like. I can pick you up if you are?

Got a great new action feature print since I last seen you that you may be interested in seeing perhaps.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steve Carter
Master Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2015 04:22 AM      Profile for Steve Carter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can some-one correct me if I'm wrong with the name, but in the late 70's early 80's there was a shop near where I lived called I think 'Scientific and Technical' they also had mail order in the Sunday papers. They used to sell techi gadgets and electronics,a bit like Tandy, they also sold super 8 sound projectors, and were the main distributor for Marketing Films in the South-West, they had all the Marketing titles in stock, the whole place was like an Aladdin's Cave, and their prices were very good.....

Mark Howard
Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2015 04:49 AM      Profile for Mark Howard   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Howard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I start a ten day shoot on Monday, Andrew, but after that am definitely up for a screening. Steve, the Scientific and Technical rings a bell for me, I seem to remember adverts for it.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 08, 2015 06:00 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
PM me Mark when you next get some free time pal.
Happy Shooting! [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2015 06:18 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember a Scientific and Technical Instruments in High Holborn. The handled or maybe imported Russian camera equipment, cine, still and projectors also radios and even surgical equipment. I didn't see any film but as they were so close to Mountain's headquarters I suspect they didn't get a deal with anyone.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2015 08:34 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes there was one in westhoughton it was owned by ken greenhalgh my dad was very good friends with him it was in the late 70s

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC