8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Judy Garland Songbook

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Judy Garland Songbook
Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 02:30 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this stage show is currently touring the UK. i went to see this yesterday at the liverpool empire theatre. i have to say it is probably the best stage show i have ever ever seen in any theatre. starring lorna luft aand ray quinn. it is a non stop musical extravaganza. using back projection you have trailers and film footage of judy (some rare), mixed with superb song and dance numbers from many of her films. the whole show is sheer class. a standing ovation at the end and not a dry eye in the house. and i saw it on judy garlands birthday. she would have been 93 years old.go see this if you can. simply OUTSTANDING.

|  IP: Logged

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 02:50 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Worth mentioning (you didn't in your post) for those who weren't aware.... Lorna Luft, of course, is Judy Garland's daughter.
Often overlooked because of her more well known sister Liza Minelli..... but a great talent in her own right.

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 03:07 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi. i did not mention because to me you would have to be from the backwoods not to know. and any judy garland fan would certainly know.

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 10:08 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, for those who did not know (I'm safe, because I did)... it's official (Paul says so)..... you're from the backwoods.

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 11:02 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well- I guess I'm from the backwoods! Along with many others I suppose, but I'm quite happy there.

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 11:44 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well i really am amazed that some people on THIS SITE did not know Lorna Luft was the daughter of Judy Garland.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 06:46 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I once had a mind freeze and trying to name Judy's daughters I immediately thought of Lorna but had to think hard to remember Liza.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC