8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Christopher Lee gone at 93

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Christopher Lee gone at 93
Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 07:12 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last remaining horror star is gone.

Safe to say, one of our all time faves.

Terry

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 11, 2015 07:48 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a brilliant actor, giving great performances right up until his passing.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 08:20 AM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
His performance as Dracula was the best in my opinion
We will never see anyone like him again

--------------------
t.smith

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 09:25 AM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He made the world a better place, touched millions of hearts and minds - and his films are an indelible legacy which will continue to shine on millions of souls long after today ... only stars can do that

Thank you Mr Lee, you greatly contributed to my quality of life

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 11, 2015 12:01 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I say we Wildwood CINESEA gatherers, pay homage to Lee with a screening of one of his best - Shorty

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 11, 2015 12:18 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be a very hard pick to make! What would you choose? He made so many great films. I remember how absolutely thrilled I was that, when most actors are slowing down, Christopher Lee was actually in BOTH top franchises at the same time ...

STAR WARS Trilogy (Count Dooku)
The Lord of the Rings (Sauran)

The Lord of the rings was a particular favorite as he has been stated to have read the books once a year since he first discovered them, and I'm glad that he was able to appear in the Hobbit trilogy as well!

Goodbye Lee, one of the greatest of the sinister evil character actors ever, and one of the last (or "thee" last?) horror actor of the classic era!!!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 12:53 PM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A thought for this actor I always liked! Peace in his soul!
And all my condolences to his loved ones!

--------------------
Tony

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 12:59 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was too young to die. A great loss.

Probably find he is lurking in a coffin somewhere, just waiting for that blonde young thing to pass by...

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 03:38 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Goodbye Scaramanga and Lord Summerisle.

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 03:59 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad day today, the great man, and actor, no hammer film would have been the same without his unique, screen presences as "THE COUNT",

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 11, 2015 04:10 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The king of hammer films along with Peter Cushing,
not to mention every other film he was in.

Clyde Miles
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 05:28 PM      Profile for Clyde Miles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think my whole life was occupied by christopher lee, what a giant and a gentleman, best.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 06:47 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now both Dracula and Van Helsing gone - perhaps reunited, I'd like to think so. RIP.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 11, 2015 08:26 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was lucky enough to see THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN, HORROR OF DRACULA, and THE MUMMY in my hometown theater when they were new [Big Grin] They became an essential part of my love for the genre and will always be...
We should all be fortunate enough to have as long a life as Sir Christopher Lee! [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2015 07:42 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only got to meet him once, when he signed my copy of his autobiography. And even in that brief conversation, he was a commanding presence.
I, too, was around to see the theatrical openings of his first Hammer films. I always found it incredible to see him doing light sabre battles in recent Star Wars films...and to have an action figure of him from the Star Wars movies so many many years after seeing him in those late 1950's Hammer films.
A true loss...and a true talent.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 12, 2015 01:33 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've waited a bit to post as was saddened at the passing of Christopher so very much. As a former child/adult performer I got to meet Christopher a few times and also literally bump into him outside the BBC on the way to a shoot in the 70's. I'll never forget him looking down on me as I read my script saying dear boy should you not be looking where you were going. A really TRUE great in our country and he so loved Wicker Man beyond the limit to see it fulfilled back to its original un-cut status.. I loved both Christopher and Peter Cushing and long shall they both remain top of our filmic history tree!

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2015 02:15 PM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad to hear of the passing of Christopher Lee. Such a good solid actor. And so prolific. I'm learning now of his many talents. I never knew that he was an accomplished classically trained singer. He must have been amazing with that deep sonorous voice. References have been made to many of his screen roles. I want to focus for a moment on one: Professor Driscall in CITY OF THE DEAD (aka HORROR HOTEL). One of my favorite horror flicks and one of his finest performances. We will miss you.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2015 07:02 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,
I agree with all the sentiments regarding Sir Christopher Lee - I watched The Man with the Golden Gun yesterday afternoon and will probably watch a selection of my Hammer features on 8mm with the great man.

David

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted June 17, 2015 03:57 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wicker Man was his personal favourite.
 -

David Michael Leugers
Master Film Handler

- posted June 17, 2015 08:17 PM      Profile for David Michael Leugers   Email David Michael Leugers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the first films I ever saw in a theater (age 5 years old) was "The Man Who Could Cheat Death". What a great and long career he had.

--------------------
Live Free or Die

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 19, 2015 12:28 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was also proof that just because you're an actor, it doesn't mean that you can't have a long lasting marriage! I he was married for 50 or more years to his wife! Now that's success!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted June 20, 2015 12:57 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad indeed. I saw him on TV a couple of years ago when 91 and he looked a bit on the edge then, if you will.

My all time favourite part he played was Blind Pew in Treasure Island Circa 1990. Absolutely fantastic.

What a legacy to leave though. I think Pew might just creep on out tonight.

Best Mark.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2015 12:46 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonder will someone ever produce a definite list of movies that Christopher Lee
made an appearance? I don't think he even knew all of them. I was watching Hercules in the Haunted World and he has a talking role but surprisingly the Italian version is his voice whilst the English version most of his dialogue is dubbed. A unique talent and an one off.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC