8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Halas & Batchelor Short Film Collection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Halas & Batchelor Short Film Collection
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 02, 2015 03:12 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a note as this may interest some of you.
The Blu_Ray 'Halas & Batchelor Short Film Collection' is now available from Network. It contains some great extras along with the following cartoons.
THE MAGIC CANVAS (1948) FLYING FREE (1980) THE OWL AND THE PUSSYCAT (1952) THE FIGUREHEAD (1953) THE HISTORY OF THE CINEMA (1957) FOO FOO: THE STOWAWAY (1960) HABA TALES: THE CULTURED APE (1960) SNIP AND SNAP: TOP DOGS (1960) HAMILTON THE MUSICAL ELEPHANT (1961) AUTOMANIA 2000 (1963) DODO - THE KID FROM OUTER SPACE: THE KIDNAPPED KID (1964) TALES FROM HOFFNUNG: THE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA (1964) FLOW DIAGRAM (1966) THE QUESTION (1967) CHILDREN AND CARS (1971) BUTTERFLY BALL (1974) AUTOBAHN (1979) DILEMMA (1981) - See more at: http://networkonair.com/shop/2190-halas-batchelor-short-film-collection-the-blu-ray.

Happy days!

|  IP: Logged

Paul Mason
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2015 04:06 AM      Profile for Paul Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The link didn't work for me so here is Amazon's web page:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Halas-Batchelor-Collection-Blu-ray-Whateley/dp/B001QT451E/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1435827470&sr=1-1&keywords=halas+and+batchelor

--------------------
Paul.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2015 06:38 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes that first link has expired it is now at now http://networkonair.com/shop/2190-halas-batchelor-short-film-collection-the-blu-ray--5027626801045.html

Steve Carter
Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2015 07:26 AM      Profile for Steve Carter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised that there has never been a Foo-Foo compilation, I used to like these cartoon's as a child, Foo-Foo and Go-Go they were in TV comic. Looking at the others I could not stand 'Do-Do The Kid from Outer Space', 'Butterfly Ball' is a classic and was shown as a filler on our local ITV...Talking of fillers 'Chuckle Heads' also ran on our local station, loved 'em all...

[ July 02, 2015, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Steve Carter ]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 02, 2015 01:28 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was greatly saddened that the one cartoon that I would have bought this collection for, wasn't included! "The Christmas Visitor", which is just a delight! Here's a link to a decent color print of this title on Youtube ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOrOqwEZkzE

Sad to say, a little dark, but very good color.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2015 02:02 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to like Foo Foo and Go Go. There were a few of those cartoons put out by Mountain Films, I only managed to get one of them.

Steve Carter
Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2015 02:13 PM      Profile for Steve Carter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Foo Foo and Go Go cartoon
Foo Foo & Go Go
Also 'Snip & Snap'
Snip & Snap

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2015 04:02 PM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favourite has always been 'The Candlemaker' made as a stewardship film for the Lutheran Church. Shown it so many times and now, sadly, it's gone pink. Wish I could replace it.

--------------------
Dave

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2015 05:43 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have some of these on 16mm for sale I did have about 15 maybe a couple left

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 03, 2015 05:20 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi it is most certainly a wonderful cartoon and practically always included at our roving Christmas film presentations. I expect I am like many who are always on the lookout for new Christmas themed 8mm films to bolster our seasonal shows. The inclusion of 'History of the Cinema' was the prize for me and a wonderful piece of British animation covering 100 years of cinema Yay!

By the way all you can find Network here

www.networkonair.com

The Blu-Ray is priced at £9.18 from them and free UK delivery

Other good offers from them on Blu-ray at the moment are
Hands of the Ripper £5.51
Twins of Evil £5.51
Monster Club £5.51

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2015 06:54 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, they have a "40% off" sale at Network - it ends today.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 06, 2015 01:51 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A comprehensive tribute to Halas a Batchelor indeed which also has the three TV Clapperboard episodes, HB Remembered, Ode to Joy, Cultured Ape, Image gallery, Animated Utopia and those wonderful cartoons.

Well done Network.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC