8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » How I Solved my Bear Problem (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: How I Solved my Bear Problem
Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2017 04:03 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After last years conventions it seems I have the Three Little Bruins Great Adventure - £2 from the bring & buy stall.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 22, 2017 04:46 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's modern life: you need a Japanese pronunciation and you have somebody in Japan on the case in 10 minutes.

Thanks, Jason!

These are great little films. I like sharing them with my son because he was born in this century and something from that long ago has him thinking about the past. Otherwise he might think the dinosaurs ruled the earth in the 1970s.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2017 03:01 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I remember correctly - because I haven't screened any of my Bruins prints in quite awhile. The Castle Bruins titles may have been released theatrically through Paramount as short subjects. Which would explain why they are better than one would think. They are well done and very enjoyable regardless.

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 24, 2017 12:04 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice ...

I wonder how rare that sound edition of that bear film is? That's the first I've heard of a sound version. Is it Standard 8mm sound? I've seen 16MM optical sound copies of these Castle films, of course, but the sound standard 8mm or super 8mm must be rare.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 24, 2017 03:25 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi...both my copies are 16mm.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 24, 2017 03:51 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi,

Early in this thread we found out that they stopped printing these before Super-8 came to be. The Reg-8mm editions are all silent as far as I know.

This is the second 16mm Bruins print I've bought. I paid for "-go camping" at the beginning of April and either it got lost in the mail or maybe it'll show up in time to hibernate!

They are running like 15 bucks. If you ignore the long term ramifications of me branching into 16mm, that's pretty cheap!

Actually I already had an hour long John Denver nature special about Bighorn Sheep in the Rockies.

-So far 16mm seems very outdoorsy. (Fine by me!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC