8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Philips Screeneo Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Philips Screeneo Projector
Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2015 03:26 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
came across this projector on amazon. gives 50-100 inch picture from a very short throw. in fact it sits only 10 to 30 centimetres from your screen.uses LED lamp with an estimated lamp life of 30,000 hours.sells around £800.downside is its only 720p. never seen one like this before. will it take off. who knows. but the use of LED lighting seems to be the way to go.i have heard that several are now using in their 8mm projectors. GS1200 etc with great success.

[ August 05, 2015, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: Paul Barker ]

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 05, 2015 05:40 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm yet to be convinced at this stage of proceedings, that any LED lamp can compete with the superb red rich lamp that Panasonic fit to their latest machines and put out 2400 ansi,for example.

Here's hoping soon though Paul.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steve Carter
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2015 05:45 AM      Profile for Steve Carter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Lewis were selling these over a year ago, they got good reviews, I think they had a stereo built in amp and speakers and the film reviews I've seen were good, but the 720p put me off...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 05, 2015 05:50 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
These type of projectors with a UHP or similar lamp are used quite a bit in the office or commercial environment. NEC used to be a popular manufacturer of such.

--------------------

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2015 06:16 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew i agree. i have not actually seen LED lamps in use in projectors myself. so until then i too reserve my judgement.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2015 06:59 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are some very good and powerful LED lanterns for theatre stage work full colour range (though many use mixes of colour LEDs) so I'm sure this technology will be used in projectors. Philips do own some theatre lantern brands.

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2015 10:05 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty good using LED. This is the way to go long-term, and i wish my film projectors had LED...i've burned a couple film frames over time [Smile]

The ansi lumens may not be an issue and will come in time commercially with LED. Will it render a good picture? That that we will have to see...Until then, I am just a spectator.
Here are some experiments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af6FHty1gcs
The poster of this clip says "I used 170lm/w Bridgelux 60mil Chips 100W LED giving 17000 lumens from Aliexpress supplier. Commercially available 100W leds use 80-100lm/W 38mil chips giving avg 9000 lumens."
Cheers,
Matt

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2015 10:49 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wel that looks good to me Mathew. all i know is that someone has converted their GS1200 and ST1200 to LED lighting. and that they are delighted with the results. they say it cost them about £60 each machine. but that would soon pay for itself with the extended lamp life. i would love to see it in person myself. it seems likely things will head this way in the near future.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 05, 2015 10:58 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It would be interesting to find out what LED lamp they have sourced to match or better the light output from a 24V 250w Halogen through the tiny 8mm frame and gate!

I wait with baited breath to find this one out. It really would be quite a breakthrough for us all if such a LED lamp exists already! [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC