8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Favourite "last scenes in movies"...what is yours? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Favourite "last scenes in movies"...what is yours?
Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2015 04:17 AM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I thought it would be nice to do a "little" thread..."what are your favourite end scenes to movies"...that you love...

My all time favourite is the one below...and I presume that Paul Adsett may agree...."Shane"...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE3mHhpGV2A
[Smile]

--------------------
Mark Silvester

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 24, 2015 04:23 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Too many to mention Mark! Great topic BTW.

Off the top of my head
1/ Carrie with the hand from the grave....had to watch about 4 times before that stopped making me jump! Ha ha

And on a slightly softer note..
2/ Titanic
3/ and even Edward Scissorhands and ET still gets to my missus (and me if I'm honest te he) after countless times of watching.

Among many many others including Shane [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2015 04:29 AM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agreee with you posts...what about this one..

finl scene in "Blade Runner"..."...tears in the rain.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoAzpa1x7jU

--------------------
Mark Silvester

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted August 24, 2015 04:35 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one to start Mark but oh so difficult to list them all.
I would have to mention just one I guess, a film or story which has warmed my heart for oh so many years and I have the fondest memories of...

Scrooge 1970 Albert Finney.
The scene where he awakes after his visit with the final spirit and realises he has not missed Christmas, can change and help others.

When this film came out we had a family trip to the city to see it back then and I vividly remember hiding on the floor behind the seats when the ghosts came on screen. It's a favourite here and viewed many times throughout the year.
[Cool]

Mark Silvester
Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2015 04:45 AM      Profile for Mark Silvester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lee

what a great memory...really movies are all about OUR feelings...scary...funny and sad..

Thanks Lee, Mark [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Mark Silvester

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2015 04:56 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Ark of the Covenant being pushed into that warehouse at the end of Raiders.

Just one final piece of brilliance in this amazing movie. [Smile]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 24, 2015 05:38 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, the Sutherland one. Nice movie

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 24, 2015 05:40 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, the Sutherland one. Nice movie

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2015 05:50 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like endings which are open to interpretation. Time Travellers which ends with everything in a time loop. Most unfavourite ending and I am not alone in this for my generation is The Jungle Book . What a crap ending especially when you were 4!

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2015 07:19 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two..
Casablanca
King Kong--Twas beauty killed the beast.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 24, 2015 12:55 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I quite like the ending of jungle book??? [Confused]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 24, 2015 12:59 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The end of "Casablanca"! Not a single word out of place, everything is memorable!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2015 02:39 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd second the original Carrie. The timing was just right, still makes me jump - even without an audience in a cinema around me.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 24, 2015 03:11 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's the music more than anything Brian that causes the jump. Soft gentle melodic tones leading up to the head stone graveyard scene after the horror of the ball then the killing of her mum but then suddenly after the hand from the grave, the music changes to the more familiar and expected horror style music associated with the usual knife wielding tones!

Great Brian de Palma film just as also is Christine and dressed to kill.
I love Brian de Palma films! [Smile]

--------------------

Michael Mc Dermott
Junior

- posted August 24, 2015 03:24 PM      Profile for Michael Mc Dermott   Email Michael Mc Dermott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SOME LIKE IT HOT is my all time favorite ending. Jack Lemmon and Joe E. Brown in the boat and Jack tells Joe that he's a man and Brown's famous reply. Laughing just thinking of it. A true classic and so very, very funny.

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2015 03:47 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where do I start?
For adventure: Connery and Ford riding into the sunset in 'Last Crusade'
For drama: The Schindler survivors/descendants visiting his grave in 'Schindler's List'
For comedy: OJ being catapaulted out of the stadium in 'The Naked Gun'.
These probably aren't my favourites but are the ones which came to mind first!

Clyde Miles
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2015 04:29 PM      Profile for Clyde Miles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
crack in the world 1965, very thought provoking, but ofcourse a massive chunk of the earth would never leave the planet because of gravity.

Joe McAllister
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 26, 2015 07:09 AM      Profile for Joe McAllister   Email Joe McAllister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul Muni's last line as he disappears into the dark in " I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang" ____"I Steal!"

Charlton Heston's ride into legend as "El Cid"

I'm surprised no one has gone for "Tomorrow is another day." from GWTW

--------------------
Always interested in privately produced amateur and home movies.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 26, 2015 07:47 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ethel Merman falling on her butt at the end of "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World"

-became a lot funnier after I became a Son-In-Law!

(The sad part is it's not included in Derann's 'scope digest.)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted August 26, 2015 10:38 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be bringing this to Wildwood; Northwest Passage
Tracy: "I'll see you at sundown, Harvard"

Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2015 06:07 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The original PLANET OF THE APES.

David Michael Leugers
Master Film Handler

- posted September 03, 2015 12:10 AM      Profile for David Michael Leugers   Email David Michael Leugers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hard to pick the favorite, just like to add "Chinatown"

Come on Jake, it's Chinatown...

--------------------
Live Free or Die

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 03, 2015 01:23 AM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought the way "Ironman" ended was very well done - I bet the crowd reaction in theaters was fun.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 03, 2015 03:48 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This one for me... shot in Vienna in 1948...the camera fixed in one spot, and with the camera film "rolling and rolling,...lots of it....just amazing to watch. [Wink]
 -

Steve Carter
Master Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2015 01:06 PM      Profile for Steve Carter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Takes a £9.10 red guitar down from the shop wall, turns and ask's,'Sure you'll be able to handle it?'
reply 'Yeah, I'll be alright'...

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC