8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » The Smurfs in America

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Smurfs in America
Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 23, 2015 03:49 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Belgian television channel talked about local comics characters who (or is it that ?) became famous worldwide. They mentionned Tintin of course and then the Smurfs (it is less known they come from Belgium). You something learn every day : I discovered that one of the album had been only recently in the US (after the success of the cartoon) because the bad characters are black and in America the editor can be accused of racism for that. So the black smurf became purple. It is surprising how things can be regarded differently in one country and in another. The same trouble occured already with Tintin in Congo and it was said that the French film "Intouchable" was (by some people) critized in the US for being a racist film, something no one would have said for this film here.

--------------------
Dominique

|  IP: Logged

Steve Carter
Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2015 08:28 AM      Profile for Steve Carter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish the tele hachette and belvision TinTin cartoons were available on any format, instead of the terrible remake ones. The 5 minute episodes were so much better in every way...

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC