8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Your today in pictures.. (Page 24)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  42  43  44 

Author Topic: Your today in pictures..
Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2017 03:58 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, congratulations on an excellent photographic outcome. And I don't think they're too contrasty at all! What film did you use?

|  IP: Logged

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted May 03, 2017 04:15 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was T-MAX 100. The negatives were definitely more dense than I what I typically get which is why I wondered if I left them in the developer too long. The first scan of the seal showed more black than there really should have been.

I re-scanned after fiddling with the histogram and that helped. In the end I was happy with how the pictures turned out, but I might make some adjustments next time around. [Smile]

There are lots of examples of very nice photographs developed in Caffenol but part of me didn't really believe it would work for me as well as it did. So while they're not perfect I am pleased. Not sure Caffenol would be my choice for anything that I intended to print and mount on a wall, but for the annual picture book I give my wife, - yeah.

[ May 07, 2017, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Tom Spielman ]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 06, 2017 03:09 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today i decided to have a dam good spring clean of my film den. What a job it turned out to be. I moved everything from one side to the other, i needed to take all my films out of there wooden library case, (My Brother has the other two thirds of the collection thank God), in order to inspect every reel to make sure there is no problems such as mould or anything. Fortunately on this front everything was fine. A couple of boxes will need replacing. Then all the shelf's of the film memorabilia were cleaned polished up and all the goods cleaned and re-organised.
What a lazy but fun day, well,for me anyway & with me magic Fezz on everything went jolly well [Big Grin]
 -

-

-

-

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 06, 2017 04:57 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Spoon jar, jar spoon! 😂😂😂

Wonderful collection of Super 8mm films Tom! [Wink]

Those two photos above are like a scene from Mary Poppins..

"And Snap, The jobs a Game!"

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 06, 2017 05:17 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Dear old Tommy Cooper, i want to get our collection together as one now and get a really good picture of our lifetime collection. [Wink]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 06, 2017 05:27 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
And so you should Tom!

You should feel very proud by what you've amassed on the Super 8mm gauge. Simply Magnificent Tom!😊

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 06, 2017 09:06 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent Tom...Oh! I like the Tommy Cooper hat [Wink]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 06, 2017 09:10 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Wink]

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 12, 2017 08:34 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We decided to celebrate it being Friday by stopping in for a slice of Pizza.

I saw this intriguing car and I just had to stop and snap a photo!

-

Can you tell which is mine?

(It's the brown Civic coupe! -No: the other one!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2017 11:18 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it the one on the left?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 13, 2017 04:38 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your left or mine? [Smile]

What concerned me is the reaction of the other guy if he saw me driving my car:

The poor guy might think I'd stolen HIS!

--------------------

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2017 05:02 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Makes me remember a story my Dad told me when I was a kid back in the 1970's.

He owned a Blue Chrysler and parked up at the local shops, did the shopping and returned to the car...opened the boot with his key, put the shopping in...opened the driver's door...started it up...then though, "Hang on, the seat is in the wrong position!"

Then noticed the fluffy dice on the rear view mirror.

It wasn't his car! His was parked next to it!

And there he was...motor running, ready to drive off!

True story!

Greg Perry
Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2017 07:41 AM      Profile for Greg Perry   Email Greg Perry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,
The pictures of just part of your collection are awesome. I never tire of seeing other's collections or pics of the home cinemas..

I had to look up who "Tommy Cooper" was...I would guess many folks in the U.S. wouldn't be familiar with him--but really should be given how talented the guy was...

Here is a sample of his wit (taken from a Telegraph article):
"Two cannibals were eating a clown--one said to the other, "Does he taste funny to you?"

[Smile]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 13, 2017 12:48 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take a look at his stuff on youtube greg. He was very funny. Claasic british comedy at its best. I love my film room. Its not particuly cinema like but its dark and cool all year round and i can go in there and forget the rest of the world. I just wish i was more practicle with my hands. If i put a hammer in my hand i become a disastor area.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 13, 2017 02:13 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tommy Cooper only had to walk on the stage and the audience would roar with laughter. He was a true genius of comedy and no comedians today come close. He literally died laughing, on stage, and so was the audience who assumed it was all part of the act.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2017 06:31 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul - You are correct in saying that Tommy Cooper died on stage, at Her Majesty's theatre. What you may not know is that the performance was being broadcast live on British television at the time.

Tom - My sentiments entirely. My man-cave looks a bit like yours. No doubt a projector permanently erected at one end and screen at the other. I have visited several home made/built cinema's in my time and, fantastic that they are and, boy, would love one myself... I am just hopeless at DIY, so have to be content with what I already have.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 19, 2017 06:58 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well one thing good about being retired is now the time to catch up in a lot of things [Cool] ..one being last Wednesday a 300km or 186 miles [Wink] day round trip to visit Pat at his cinema in Geraldine. While I was there Pat ran a short NFU 1970s film on the Kinoton projector X Movieland cinema. Although it does not get anywhere like the 12 to 14 hrs a day use it once did at yee old Movieland, its certainly nice to see it running again.

Watching this short film does show the quality image film can put on the screen....Oh! if Steve is reading this Pat also has the NFU 35mm print for A Train For Christmas... [Cool]
 -
 -

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 19, 2017 07:00 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely emporium Graham. [Wink]

--------------------

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2017 09:39 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night on craigslist I saw that there was going to be a garage sale in the area and that there were lots of cameras and projectors available. They had belonged to a professor who taught photography at a local college.

What caught my eye was not the projectors or 8mm cameras, but two medium format Rolleiflex cameras that they had mistakenly listed with the movie cameras. Hoping I could get a bargain on one of them, I stopped by this morning on my way to work. To my surprise, the professor's son, who was running the sale, turned out to be an acquaintance of mine.

This did not actually work out in my favor. They had not yet priced the cameras and weren't sure what to ask for them. Since I considered him a friend and wanted his mother to get all she could, I felt compelled to tell him that those cameras were worth a lot of money. So I suggested a price that was well above what I was wiling to pay, but felt sure that someone would buy them for.

But I did not come away empty handed. I bought a box of expired film for a few dollars. It's not as good as new film of course but if you over-expose it, you can still get pretty good results.

-

You may notice that there are two boxes of double-8 kodachrome, - and I still have my father's camera. You can't get kodachrome processed anymore but if you're willing to live with B&W it can be processed at home. It can be processed as a negative or positive but positive is more complex. We'll see how it works.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 27, 2017 10:10 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Outside our favorite German Deli this afternoon:

-

I suppose it COULD be Würst...

(After all: that's what WE bought!)

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 30, 2017 05:12 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve is that VW yours? [Cool]

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 30, 2017 11:32 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had a nice little storm come through here 2 weeks ago.
 -
 -
 -
 -

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 30, 2017 11:45 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Holy Cow!!!! Glad you are all ok. Looks like your roof didn't fare too well though [Frown]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 31, 2017 02:14 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son Darrin is currently in Thailand. He just spent a week taking care of animals at the Elephant Nature Park. During one of our webcam sessions I could see elephants just strolling around on the grass outside his living quarters... it was so cool [Smile]

-

Darrin wrote:
quote:
I spent a week volunteering at The Elephant Nature Park which is near Chiang Mai. This incredible organization has rescued over 70 Elephants who have been abused. Many are unaware how mistreated elephants are in Asia being beaten, starved and chained. Separated from their families, they go through a torturous process which breaks their spirit and are forced to work all day in the logging, tourism and entertainment industries. Many of the elephants at the park were taken in after going blind, with broken bones, and mutilated limbs due to this torture.
 -

quote:
My time at the park was truly magical. The place feels like a real life Jurassic Park! Everywhere you look the views are simply spectacular and surreal. Having the opportunity to volunteer by doing some of the dirty work like shoveling elephant poo and tossing fruit or fun work like making rice balls for the elephants and feeding them was such an honor. These gentle giants are such a gift to just simply watch and bask in their triumphant beauty. You look into their eyes and there is just so much love, spirit and joy!

[ May 31, 2017, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 31, 2017 08:44 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Steve is that VW yours? [Cool]
Graham,

A part of me wishes that was true, but unfortunately no!

I actually have kind of an informal Bucket List, and owning a convertible is on it. These are also great cars to restore: they are simple and the parts are out there by the ton used, new and new old stock. They say two good sized guys can swap an engine without needing a hoist!

We have a 20 mile long barrier island off our South Shore, on one end of it is Jones Beach and the other end is the Captree Boat Basin I wrote about here last winter. Ocean Parkway runs all the way from one end to the other. You can see the Atlantic on one side and Great South Bay on the other for most of the ride.

You take that VW convertible and motor along the beach with the top down some nice warm evening between now and October. Maybe you stop and take a walk along the shore for a while and right around sunset stop in at a nice seafood place and have dinner. Barring rain or forgetting to make reservations, it's basically a guaranteed good day!

-So no, it's not mine. I'll just have to admire it and dream...maybe like this guy!

-

(He really should get a convertible: he already has the shirt!)

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  42  43  44 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC