8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Your today in pictures.. (Page 26)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  42  43  44 

Author Topic: Your today in pictures..
Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2017 06:10 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am often watching the birds in the backyard, but today i had a very pleasant surprise. I was lucky she stayed long enough for me to grab the camera. Someone has lost a pet for sure.

-

-

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

|  IP: Logged

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2017 11:54 AM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My (LATE) pictures from last CineSea

Shot on Kodak Max 400 - Expired and sitting in my father's cabinet for well over 10 years. Additionally, I think my chemistry was a little too hot and overdeveloped the negs as well.

-

-

-

*Edit: Looks as if I'm limited to three pictures. I'll try to load more later =)

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2017 07:07 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been commuting across the Puget Sound a lot lately for a project I'm working on so I've been shooting a lot of film during the ride. These were shot with a KMZ FT-2 panoramic camera. The canmera was made in the former Soviet Union. I used expired Recordak Dacomatic Microfilm shot at ISO 25, this camera work best with a slow film. The film was developed in Beerenol, a recipe I developed myself using any cheap lager, I used Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer for this roll. The recipe is similar to caffenol.

This is the foot bridge for walk-on passengers at the Kingston Terminal.
 -

The ferry arriving in Kingston.
 -

The sun deck of the ferry.
 -

This is my camera: KMZ FT-2

More of my photos from the camera: FT-2 Album

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2017 11:18 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome!

So with Caffenol, it's the Caffeic Acid in the instant coffee that is the important ingredient. As was pointed out to me, Caffeic Acid is not unique to coffee and can be found in any number of plants.

Does Pabst contain Caffeic Acid or is there something else in it that gives it the ability to develop film?

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 02, 2017 06:22 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first camera was a Bell and Howell Filmsonic 1230. I sold it long ago for a Canon 512 XLE. I came across this 1230 at the heritage park lately and after a bit of a clean, put some batteries in and away it went. They were good cameras in there day and I always liked the focus arrangement, where you point at the subjects feet, press the focus button and read of the exact distance to manually focus it.

Anyway I still have one roll of Ektachrome 64T left, so might give it a go, here is a photo of my grandson holding it [Smile]
 -

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2017 07:55 PM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apart from everything else, it warms my heart to see a young'n holding a Super 8 camera.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 02, 2017 08:09 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great shot Graham!
Yes, that pendulum auto- focusing arrangement inside the Bell & Howell was a clever design. Not sure how well it would work on a hill though! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2017 09:34 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, the oats used in making beer are high in Cafeic acid, that's why I decided to try developing film with it.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 08, 2017 10:24 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks William and Paul [Smile]

Well I was thinking of Steve when I took this photo yesterday. Its nice to see some things stay the same [Smile] even though the last steam train on a regular service vanished long long ago.

When I drove our little school bus its compulsory to stop and look both ways before crossing, even though the bells are not ringing or lights flashing. I used to say to the kids...any choo choo trains coming [Smile] [Roll Eyes]

Whats it like in the US for rail crossings?
 -

Berend De Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2017 07:54 AM      Profile for Berend De Meyer   Email Berend De Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi admin,

Any change that we are granted larger picture size to be added here on the forums?

Cheers

--------------------
Cheers | “I am an advocate of the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" modus operandi!”

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 28, 2017 07:32 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham,

Our crossings are very similar except they say "Railroad" instead of Railway" (-and nobody knows why!)

Classically speaking, when some line here starts calling itself a "railway", it usually means it's trying to make a new start: for example following bankruptcy!

I found a crossing on the line near us a few weeks ago. This local street had petered down to being basically somebody's driveway and sneaked across the tracks to their house. For the sake of this they had to put in crossbucks, two crossing gates and all the track detection circuits: tens of thousands of dollars worth of hardware plus regular maintenance. They were kind of stuck: this is a commuter line to midtown Manhattan and sees maybe 50 trains a day!

Then again you have to feel bad for the guy that lives there: he gets in his car, drives 50 feet and sits for a minute while a train passes by! At night, he can see his house, and almost smell his dinner sitting on the table, but has to wait there again!

(Can't be easy to keep stuff on the shelves in that house either!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 30, 2017 03:58 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
6 AM?!!!

We’ve been having Saturday breakfasts at this great little diner up in Northport Village for easily 20 years now. Our son first showed up there as a baby, and he’ll turn 15 next month.

The lady who runs the place has always thought very highly of him and said “When you are old enough, I’m going to give you a summer job.”

-and sure enough: he’s been bussing tables there on and off for a couple of weeks.

The good news is he seems to be doing just fine. The better news is we won’t need to find another place to eat Saturday Breakfast!

The thing about it is when you are in the breakfast business, the day starts awfully early. We drove him down there to start at 6AM today. This was actually a surprise to me: I assumed they stopped having 6AM on the weekends roughly when my Dad stopped taking me fishing!

I’m not used to seeing Northport like this: This time of the year you usually have a car at each elbow in this spot!

-

When’s the next street car coming? It’s hard to say: the last one came through in 1926!

Even the Harbor was quiet. You’d hope somebody would be headed out to fish or dig clams!

-

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 30, 2017 04:26 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely beautiful pictures Steve. You live in a lovely area. It's amazing how things look and feel so much different in the early morning hours of the day. I hardly ever experience that however...I didn't wake up until 10:45 this morning. Stayed up too late watching a 16mm movie. I'm incorrigible.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Berend De Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2017 05:01 PM      Profile for Berend De Meyer   Email Berend De Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I found the only footage - so far from 1965 -> 1975 - of my Father* in action with his Bell & Howell Autoload Zoom Reflex 9-29MM 1-1-1.8 ZOOM Movie Camera, capturing himself in a mirror while zooming in. The film reel is tagged South Africa 1975.

-

From the same reel a pre flight post production - newly received Somikon deck - of some footage of a wedding he filmed in the South African township Soweto near Johannesburg in 1975, a year before the June 16 1976 Uprising. In 1976 we migrated back to The Netherlands after our stay for 3 years.

Hope you like the result so far.

https://youtu.be/0Wzvw_ubA30

He's the sole reason why I joined this forum. He left us kids ~15 hrs of Normal 8 mm footage which I'm now scanning to our digital family archive. I'm very proud to share this screen print from his footage with you.

Cheers

--------------------
Cheers | “I am an advocate of the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" modus operandi!”

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 30, 2017 08:19 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Berend,

We are literally hundreds of pictures into this thread and yours is the first screenshot of motion picture film to make it here!

I'm in a similar situation myself. Back about 40 years ago my Dad was a big fan of color slides. I recently inherited 8 carousels of his slides. His projector has died in the same way many Kodak Carousels do.

-I found someone that fixes them, and Dad will have his day on screen again soon.

Thanks, Janice!

We have the best of both worlds: we're 10 minutes away from the harbor so it's easy for us to get to it. We're also 200 feet above sea level so come hurricane time it's not so easy for it to get to US!

--------------------

Tom Spielman
Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2017 10:01 PM      Profile for Tom Spielman   Email Tom Spielman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice screen capture Berend. I wish my father had done the same at least once or twice. He was mostly invisible behind the camera.

Steve and Janice: One of the few advantages of having reached middle age is that for whatever reason I have less trouble getting up early. And I do really like the way the world looks early on a Summer morning.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 30, 2017 10:20 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great photos everyone [Cool] ...getting up in the morning [Roll Eyes] I have got to get up around 6am cant help it. In aviation I used to have to get to work on days around the 3.30am mark for pre-flights etc. I guess I have always been used to it. When someone tells me they slept in to mid morning, my reply.. is how can you do that?.. [Eek!] [Wink]

Here is my latest creation on you-tube from last week..

https://youtu.be/VLr2C1Kyih4

Nice to hear Steven has a job [Cool]

Berend De Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2017 09:01 AM      Profile for Berend De Meyer   Email Berend De Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys. It was quiet a steep learning curve getting started with my 8mmToDigital adventure. Still reading and learning a lot on this and other forums.

@Steve | yes, my Father did all the filming over the years. He's on some very limited footage over all those years creating his 8 mm archive. So I was surprised he did a analoge selfie.

@Graham | Very impressive YouTube video, thanks for sharing. I LOVE the part of the frogs before and/or after the break, very funny but very needed nowadays.

Cheers

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 05, 2017 01:12 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My 3 grand sons are back for 12 days at Camp Grandma's! The weather was perfect tonight for a movie on the patio...Ice cream sundaes...popcorn... and hot chocolate were included. The movie was FEDS ... their favorite. There will be more patio cinema nights during their stay...they love it!

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 05, 2017 08:44 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Pure Magic!

Enjoy Janice & Grandchildren. [Smile] [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Berend De Meyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2017 09:11 AM      Profile for Berend De Meyer   Email Berend De Meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a great Sit-In Movie Theatre! Have a great time Janice.

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 05, 2017 04:06 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice, I guarantee that your Grandson's will never forget their movie nights at your house, and the time you have spent with them. These are the memories of their lives.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 08, 2017 09:49 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last Weekend

We were up in Western New York last weekend and took the chance to go over to Niagara Falls. As I’ve said here before: as kind of an unwritten rule, people from New York don’t seem to go to New York things! This is especially true for me, for example it took me 55 years to get around to visiting the Statue of Liberty, which I’ve probably seen from the car a hundred times. I have been to the Falls twice, though.

-maybe it’s something to do with the fact that I have to drive 9 hours to get there (It’s a decent sized state!), maybe it’s even something to do with the fact that it’s at least half a Canadian thing.

-but for whatever reason it was, we went (...again):

It's an astounding place. I've lived on the Atlantic shore my whole life, but short of a hurricane, I never see water move with so much forcefulness, never mind the fact that this has been going on twenty-four hours a day for thousands of years!

The Falls are their own weather system: down nearby there is always a strong wind blowing and a fine rainfall from all the mist the falling water throws into the air. The roar is audible for blocks away.

-

The American Falls

-

Rainbow Bridge from Ontario to New York

-

The American Falls as seen from Canada

-

The Canadian Falls

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 09, 2017 03:01 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant photos Steve [Cool]

Yesterday I did my weekly visit to the Museum of Photography catch up over a cup of tea with the good folk, anyway ever heard of Steampunk? well one of the photo members pulled this out of a plastic bag [Eek!] to show what he makes and sells from junk including parts from old cameras and projectors and anything else he can find [Cool] ...as well as being an expert on still photography he used to work on firearms.

This example of his work just blew me away...
 -
Note the spark plugs and the B/H 16mm parts used in this following photo..
 -

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 25, 2017 09:29 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a very lucky find this week... one Ernemann aperture plate with a 1:85:1 ratio. [Cool] ...apart from a little bit a surface rust there was little wear on it if any.

This was indeed a rare find...anyway I modified it a little bit with a countersunk screw to act as a stop when fitting it on the projector to place it at the same stop point as the Scope aperture plate. The lens I have been using was a 75mm, however with the exact 1.85 the image was a bit small for the screen and masking, so it was a matter of finding another lens.

Another surprise was being able to use this German Isco-Optic 40-90mm Cinelux zoom lens. It came along with others bits and bobs when I bought a second hand Simda 400 watt slide projector.

This lens is simply a stunning piece of optics, you can zoom on one ring and focus on another without the need to focus by the usual means on the projector if you wish. This lens must have cost a fortune in its day, and was lucky to have it come with the slide projector. Running a film last night with the new aperture plate and lens, at the now correct ratio was really something. I am also now using the slide projector for the 36volt 400watt lamp high/low switch in the projector lamphouse. The slide projector can, as well as the lens be back up and running as a slide projector as very little modification was carried out.

I am certainly over the moon at the moment, as things dont always go as planned.. but with this they did [Cool]

PS..Will get back to playing with Super8 soon...
 -
 -
 -

All times are Central
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  42  43  44 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC