8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Your today in pictures.. (Page 27)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  42  43  44 

Author Topic: Your today in pictures..
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 25, 2017 10:11 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's your lucky day Graham. I'm excited for you. Looks like you have hit the jackpot ! Enjoy!

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted August 26, 2017 09:28 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Janice.. [Smile]

I took this photo this week of a line up of Eumig projectors. One projector still has the change over sprockets etc for Std 8 and goes ok. I will concentrate on that one soon, as I would really like to hear the Film Office Std 8 B/W sound film of Petula Clark singing "Downtown" that I still have but never heard.
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 03, 2017 01:55 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Petula Clark Has a French version of this song (and others).

This morning, I attended a film fair in Belgium (20 minutes by train from Belgium, the place is called Ternat). One of the two (new) organizators is forum member Jean-Christophe De Block.

The pictures were takin with my telephone but so you can have an idea...

-

-

-

-

70 mm films

--------------------
Dominique

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2017 03:12 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks great Dominique,just nice that events like these still go on,well done to all who sold and attended,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 09, 2017 09:55 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son and I canoed our local river today. Fall is coming and it'll be too cold soon enough.

A local Boy Scout troop had the same idea and as we finished up the canoe livery there was getting ready:

-

Aluminum canoes aren't the most elegant on the planet, but you can't fault 'em for a lack of durability!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 19, 2017 12:02 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son decided to customize his kayak.

-

That's a pretty aggressive look for a craft that would be hard pressed to reach 5MPH...

-but when you're a teenage boy...!

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 19, 2017 04:21 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks great Steve [Cool] [Smile]

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 21, 2017 11:18 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Funky Bug!

A couple of years ago I was taking a walk in the woods out where I work and I saw a weird looking ant. I saw one again this morning and snapped a picture:

-

It's much bigger than a regular ant and covered in fuzz!

At first I thought maybe it was the result of some 1940s Atomic Energy Commission experiment gotten way out of control, but I looked into it and found out not only is it a naturally occurring species, it's not actually an ant at all.

Even though it's called a "Red Velvet Ant", it is actually a wasp. To me this is a species made for comedy! You see, the females have a spectacularly painful sting, but they can't fly. The males on the other hand can fly but they can't sting! (If the male could somehow carry the female, they would be a formidable team! "Stand back! I've brought my wife and I'm not afraid to use her!"..."I want to sting the one on the left...NO!: MY left!")

-so even though she could probably put me on my back screaming in pain, she couldn't catch me, so I felt perfectly safe chasing her around the loading dock with my cell phone.

I've encountered more frightening Aunts at birthday parties!

Red Velvet Ant

No: I didn't stomp her. Live and let live!

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 21, 2017 03:44 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, it looks like one of the "Zanti Misfits" - On the Belgium pictures, yes makes me wonder what 8mm was there - Maybe Bruno showed up - Well, perhaps we'll all get together someday - I hope to see many of our overseas chaps at Wildwood next month - Cheers, Shorty

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 24, 2017 09:43 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today, was held a film fair in Roubaix, North France.

-

-

-

-

On the picture above : forum members Jean-Christophe De Block (eating a spool) and Nick Vermeirsch.

-

Forum member Bruno Heughebaert and Jean-Christophe who is dangerousely touching a big spool (from the preceeding picture, you know what he does with them)

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 24, 2017 10:41 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Great photos of Bruno, Nick and Jean-Christophe again thanks Dominique.

Is that an S938 I see peeping out on the end of one of those photographs there Dominique? [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Bruno Heughebaert
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2017 10:50 AM      Profile for Bruno Heughebaert   Email Bruno Heughebaert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well spotted it's indeed a 938.
I own one and also the 940.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 24, 2017 10:56 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bruno, lovely machines! [Wink]

--------------------

Bruno Heughebaert
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2017 10:59 AM      Profile for Bruno Heughebaert   Email Bruno Heughebaert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree for the 938 but not for the 940. I had so many issues with the microprocessor that i finally disconnected it. I use now the 940 with an external amplifier.

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2017 11:23 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please correct me if I am wrong, but this event wasn't advertised / promoted on this forum and it looks superb. Although I could not guarantee to attend myself, it would be nice to have been given advanced warning of it so maybe, just maybe, some of our collectors on the forum,particularly living on the south coast of England could have taken their car over to France for the day to attend as it is not very far from the coast.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 24, 2017 11:38 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Melvin. You're right, it was not advertise. The only reason why I didn't prompte it myself is that you have never any guarantee that it will be a success. Not being the organizator,, I have no information about the number of sellers who actually booked nor of what they will bring. Add to this the fact that most of the films sold are in French and you know why it was not on promoted on the forum. There was absolutely no intention to hide anything but the will not to take the risk to disappoint anyone who would have travelled from Britain.

--------------------
Dominique

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2017 11:51 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Dominique, I understand your point. Especially if most of the films are in French. However, as Roubaix is not too far from the coast, I am sure it could still make a pleasant day out for English collectors.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Bruno Heughebaert
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2017 12:52 PM      Profile for Bruno Heughebaert   Email Bruno Heughebaert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome Melvin. See you next year ?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 25, 2017 08:44 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two last pictures from the Roubaix Fair. For technical reasons, I couldn't post them yesterday.

A vue of one of the 35 mm projectors that was there

-

35 mm super 8 and 16 mm projected on the same screen. Later on the day they even added a fourth projector.

-

--------------------
Dominique

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2017 07:12 AM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son recently got his own projector for his 5th birthday; last night he put a show on for his little sister. He told her he had to sit right next to it so he could "work the movie projector".

-

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 03, 2017 07:38 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Top drawer buddy! [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 03, 2017 07:09 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Crikey Dominique, that is hardly an advert for the qualities of Super 8mm projection techniques!

Yikes!! [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 28, 2017 09:28 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
35mm at last!...(-sort of)...

-

A couple of months ago I became what would be called "orphaned" if I was 50 years younger. At this stage in life it is just called "life as expected", and I imagine many of you can relate.

We cleaned Mom and Dad's house out this spring and sold it June 30th. Once it was my house too. We sold it with the dining room table in place for the new family. A long time ago my Dad set up his tripod screen and we did slides and movies together with our projectors on that table.

There were some things I would absolutely not tolerate going into the dumpster those last days: one was Mom's sewing machine, another was Dad's slides. We gave the sewing machine to a very creative friend who found herself in need of one, and Dad's slides will stay with me.

Dad's slide projector suffered the same fate as many Kodak projectors and cameras from that era: some 59 cent plastic part snapped and the slides wouldn't advance. I found a camera shop in Vermont that fixes them by the dozen: UPS and PayPal took care of the rest.

Tonight, Dad's projector joined my own once again on our dining room table, and with my help he gets to tell his stories to a grandson that barely got to know him in the short time they had together many years ago. His grandmother is there too, young and vigorous, just as I want to remember her.

Thanks, Dad!

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted October 29, 2017 08:04 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To Everything There is a Season...

My wife announced today it is time to change to the Fall tablecloth...so we did!

I stay set up for Cinema pretty much as often as I want under the terms of kind of a peace treaty. I'm allowed half the table (We'll call it "the Republic of South Table") and the other half (North Table) is reserved for (you know) "eating"...(and stuff).

Generally there is no conflict as long as I avoid encroaching on the DMZ and abide by some special provisions: I vacate the entire territory when company comes and I allow for certain operations by the...Government of the North.

It turns out today was Tablecloth Day. (Nobody told me! Did you know?)

So I took all the stuff off, scattered it on end tables and countertops and we did "The Autumn Tablecloth".

I put it back and did a sound check. I think I connected it up all right.

I mean: I guess it looks nice, but who can see it when the lights go down anyway?

-yet the show must go on!

-

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 30, 2017 08:57 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael Its great to see the interest the kids have [Cool]

Steve.. slides are an amazing way of connecting with the past, the size of projected image and the detail, is really something you can spend a bit of time looking at, every so often I get some of ours out as well and have a bit of a slide evening.

Well Steve if you are looking for a portable 35mm, I do have one you can have, as its "on wheels", the only snag is, you will have to come and get it [Smile]
 -
 -
[Smile]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  42  43  44 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC