8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Your today in pictures.. (Page 44)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44 

Author Topic: Your today in pictures..
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 13, 2019 07:18 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve you will have to do what Charlie from New York State used to do, he came out here for the summer, then returned home for summer, he did that trip for years. Charlie was a real gentleman, and retired. [Smile]

Winter time is rugby session which is now over....summer is now here.
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 14, 2019 09:18 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to give Charlie a lot of credit!

-most people I know like that just go to Florida for the Winter!

Summer isn't quite the same since I was 12 years old and basically did whatever I felt like (-within limits, of course!) between late June and September. The difference has actually helped me to appreciate the rest of the seasons a lot more.

-just maybe in a month or so, the snow will get deep a little too quickly and I'll get an unplanned day or two off, sleep late, and be "stuck" at home with my family and my amusements:

-not a bad deal!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2019 09:32 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He looks a bit like macauley culkin to me when younger, Graham!

culkin! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 14, 2019 08:17 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mathew....you are right he does to [Smile]

Steve... I forgot to mention that Charlie had friends that he came to live with every summer.

After getting those Eumig projectors back up and running I am thinking of doing some kind of multi-media presentation with all three at the same time [Roll Eyes] [Smile]
 -

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 14, 2019 09:01 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cinerama-Eight!

The monaural channels on my mixer have a "Pan" knob so I can put one projector in the left channel and one in the right, I've always wanted to try two films at once, but it would probably be better on a night when I'm by myself! ("WHAT are you DOING?!!")

I guess if Charlie traveled around the times of the Equinoxes his year would be Summer, Fall/Spring, Summer, Fall/Spring and the Moon would keep flipping over in the sky!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 16, 2019 11:42 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Charlie I though was one of those American citizen from a much older generation. Once I told him I was from Scotland he talked about his short time there during WW2, he did go on to say he was with the US army in Europe during WW2. Charlie was one of those people that you could listen to for ages with recounts from his past, but more so he was a real gentleman in how he express himself.

Steve I am thinking of cutting up a old scenic travel film into three parts, then dub some music to it. It sounds a bit crazy but it might be fun to see all three old Eumig going at the same time. I will make up a short video showing the results if things work out [Cool] [Smile]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC