8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Sunrise 1927 Blu Ray

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sunrise 1927 Blu Ray
Steve Carter
Master Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2015 08:28 AM      Profile for Steve Carter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the Masters of Cinema 3 disc version, I have watched the English version the aspect ratio 1.20:1 is very square,I then watched the Czech version aspect ratio 1.33, I found although some parts were missing from the Czech version, the print was more pleasing to my eye, sharper and a better contrast. This is a beautiful film and is at the top of my favourite silent films.
I have watched it with the two different musical scores, and with a commentary, which is very enlightening and gives good insight to the film and F.W. Murnau (not his real name).

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 06, 2015 06:16 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good Steve, must look that one out.

Its amazing the silents you can pick up now on ebay, via home doers if you will. Great to find odd stuff you really struggled for before DVD.

Best Mark.

PS I recently bought the Moroder Metropolis in a steelbook for £4 delivered but not been able to bring myself to open it yet. People either seem to love or hate that version. I`m obviously the 1st of the 2.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC