8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » This Years Blackpool Film Fair (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: This Years Blackpool Film Fair
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2015 12:36 PM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just been speaking to David Guest. This year there are many treats in store that will be revealed over the weekend, making this an even better event than last year!

|  IP: Logged

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2015 05:48 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not long now Simon.at least you can relax more at the saturday evening meal not having the film show to do this time. see you soon.

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2015 05:14 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just 21 days to this fabulous event. a perfect time for all film collectors. i feel this is going to be the best ever. miss it at your peril [Smile]

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2015 05:11 AM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
had emails from many who are attending this years blackpool film fair. it seems they are making a weekend of it. there is really no other film fair event in the uk that spans 3 days. ie the friday night feature presentation. saturday. evening 3 course meal and film show, quiz,raffle etc. and the main dealers day on sunday with bring and buy stall and large auction.plus not forgetting film shows in 8mm. 16mm. etc in the cinema throuhout the day.looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 01, 2015 05:41 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are oh so fortunate to have David Guest organising this fabulous event each year now and being a showman who better. David gives it 100% which assures all visitors have the opportunity to enjoy a very special weekend which just keeps getting better and better.

The Blackpool event has always been a special event in the UK film collectors diary not least as it takes place at the noted number 1 coastal resort. The Hilton is quite an amazing venue and David secures a good portion of it for his movie event.

Sincere thanks to you David for all your really tremendous efforts and flying the REEL FILM flag, yes this is what its all about.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 04, 2015 07:53 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pleased to say that I already have 53 bookings for the 2015 Blackpool Dinner, which means it will be the best-attended since the Derann era. With it being a special celebratory occasion - with some surpises that I'm confident will prove very popular - plus of course the fantastic events in store on the Friday and Sunday, if you've been hesitant to return to Blackpool in recent years, surely THIS must be the year that you can't afford to miss!!!

Please note that it would be appreciated if any remaining dinner bookings could reach me by Wednesday 11 November if possible.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 05, 2015 05:49 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tick tock tick tock how much time have we got
yes I suggest that you get booked in for adrians evening meal quick this has not to be missed .the clock is ticking tick tock tick tock tick tock .

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2015 05:55 AM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i would like to use my first post to thank David for keeping the Blackpool convention alive and kicking.looking forward to this great three days of indulgence thank you.

--------------------
kinema king

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted November 06, 2015 12:49 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
indulgence. a great word to use Simon for this event.i know all who are going are in for a treat. every year i see many coming away with film bargains.this event is also a great boost for the hobby.so should be supported by as many collectors as possible who can make the day/weekend. its no good, in the future moaning about how things used to be.when possibly events like this may no longer exist. a lot of hard work and organisation goes into these events. so its down to collectors to support the people and dealers who do the likes of the blackpool film fair, and make it all happen.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2015 04:59 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can now confirm that I am fully booked up now and have no dealers tables left.thankyou to all the dealers who have booked a table at my northwest films fair .a full list of dealers will posted in the next 48 hours and a timetable of events to follow see you all there

Don Sykes
Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2015 06:02 AM      Profile for Don Sykes   Email Don Sykes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a list of Dealers who are booked to be at
THE NORTHWEST FILM FAIR. HILTON HOTEL. BLACKPOOL. 22.11.15

DEALERS LIST.

Dave Guest. Super 8mm/ 9.5mm/16mm Films & Projectors.
Classic Home Cinema. Super 8 Films & Projectors.
Paul Wooding. 9.5mm / 16mm Films & Projectors.
Tony Hutchinson. 16mm Film.
Keith Cockayne.Super 8mm / 9.5mm / 16mm Film & Projectors.
Brian Lancaster. Used Equipment.
David Eaves. 16mm films & Memorabilia.
Peter Churchill 16mm Film.
Ashley Swaine 16mm Film.
D Mcloughin 16mm & 35mm Film.
Paul Mellor. 16mm/35mm Film & Projectors .
Glynn Jones. Super 8 Projectors/Films +16mm Films.
Lee Mannering. Super 8mm / 9.5mm / 16mm Film & Projectors.
Alan Collins Super 8mm & 16mm Films
Nigel Parkinson. E F S. Super 8mm & 16mm Film.
R Moss 8mm & 16mm Films.
Kevin Ashton Super 8mm & 16mm Films & Projectors.
R Douglas. Super 8mm & 16mm Films & Projectors.
T McGarrity. Super 8 & 16mm Films & Projectors.
I Knowles. Super 8 & 16mm Films & Projectors.
Tony’s Classic D V D’s.

SUBJECT TO ALTERATION

Details of the days special events will be posted later.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 09, 2015 08:40 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2015 12:35 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This years blackpool film convention is set to be the best ever thankyou David guest for putting this event on and helping keep film collecting alive .i cant wait...

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 11, 2015 07:31 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a note to say that if you're attending the dinner, don't worry because I haven't sent the information sheet just yet. I've been trying to pin down the Hilton on the exact room(s) we are in but I haven't had confirmation yet. If they can't tell me by tomorrow, I'll send it without this information. It's not a cause for concern as the hotel reception can tell people on the day if needed. It's very likely that it will be in the same function room area as the last two dinners.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

John Armer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2015 01:43 PM      Profile for John Armer   Email John Armer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian, could you send me a PM if you get chance? Thanks.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2015 06:58 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well it wont be long now started loading the lorry today with projectors lamps mains leads and speaker cables all the 8mm is in starting to load it with films tomorrow weather permitting plus lots of cine accessories . please every one try and make this number 1 event plenty items booked in for the auction and a very good selection of films to be shown sunday by don and bob with a added attraction never never seen before at any film convention from my own personal collection .this alone is worth the visit to blackpool them that don't come it will be your loss no excuses tsking the dog out ,or going shopping ,or having a barbecue no excuses use it or lose it

Don Sykes
Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2015 09:51 AM      Profile for Don Sykes   Email Don Sykes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NORTH WEST FILM FAIR WEEKEND.
FRIDAY. 20th Nov. Hilton Hotel. Feature Film Show.
Starts @ 8.30pm. Presented by Dave Guest.

SATURDAY 21st NOV.
Evening Dinner plus Quiz & Raffle Followed by Special Film Show
Presented by Dave Guest.

SUNDAY 22nd Nov.
10.00am. Doors Open
IN THE DEALERS ROOM . Meet the Dealers,meet old Friends.Have a Browse. Films, Projectors, Screens,Splicers,
Lamps, Lenses. Look For the Rare Bargains.

11.30am. In the Cinema. Just for Fun Show. “It’s a Mad,Mad,Mad World” Shown in Super 8mm & 35mm in CINEMASCOPE on the BIG SCREEN.
Presented by Bob & Don

12.45pm. In the Cinema. The “As It Used To Be Show”. Ads, News,Trailers,Short, Sales Interval, Feature (T B A)
Presented on 35mm by Don Sykes

1.30pm. Lunch Break. Have a pint. HOT POT & RED CABBAGE available in the Hotel

2.00pm In the DEALERS ROOM. The BIG Auction. 16mm Items on
auction first followed by Super 8 items. Seating for
75 people

3.15pm In the CINEMA. BOBs BIG SUPER 8 SHOW. Includes, Project the Right Image, Son of Frankenstein,Gene Kelly / Frank Sinatra Trailers, Astaire Rodgers Caught in the Rain.

4.00pm. In the DEALERS ROOM. A last look around.

ALL TIMES ARE APPROX.

THANK YOU FOR COMING & HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY HOME.

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A Few Pictures from past events.

-

-

-

-

Don' miss 2015. It's the BIG one

[ November 16, 2015, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: Don Sykes ]

Paul Barker
Master Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2015 05:19 PM      Profile for Paul Barker   Email Paul Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
looks really nice Don. 35mm film showing as well. how nice is that.. the countdown begins. 4 days and.....

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 16, 2015 03:23 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And looking forward to it.
My picture taken from North Pier showing Blackpool awaiting its visitors.
 -

Peter Scott
Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2015 04:48 AM      Profile for Peter Scott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why is the auction in the dealers room and not in the cinema.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2015 05:45 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I imagine that, as last year, it is for capacity and ease of set up - not having to move stock into the cinema which may be quite a way from the main hall. Also it means it is not taking customers as far away from the dealers tables.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2015 06:55 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi peter if you will move it all into the cinema room when its been booked in the convention room we will have it in there are you fit enough to carry over 300 films .there will be seats this year for the auction

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 16, 2015 07:04 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Always been a good idea of yours David and good that visitors can continue to quietly browse and not miss the auction either. [Smile]

Peter Scott
Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2015 08:12 AM      Profile for Peter Scott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No but derann used to use a small trolley and they had more than 300 films.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2015 10:05 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a one band show with only a few dedicated volunteers .I estimate going of last year when auction ran over 2 hours there will be more that 300 plus films ,I look forward to seeing you on sunday maybe you can there for 5.30 am to give me a lift to set up .and when derann ran its was only a small hotel and all the rooms could all the link up .this Hilton hotel 5 star with rooms all over the place in fact one room in the Hilton is bigger than all the rooms in the savoy put together see you sunday 5.30 am

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC