8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Star Wars Collectibles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Star Wars Collectibles
Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2015 08:58 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so we know there are a lot of serious Star Wars collectors out there and we know that a Derann feature of the film might reach £1,000 BUT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-C9-5-REVENGE-JEDI-R2-D2-BLANK-NAMEPLATE-MISPRINT-PROOF-AFA-WORTHY-R2D2-/141778032718?hash=item2102a1184e

... it is a piece of cardboard. Folks. That is what it is. It is a piece of cardboard.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2015 10:07 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a cardboard story...

About 10 years ago my brother, a big Lionel train collector bought a collection of trains and empty boxes from a store owner and after going thru everything we found a nice set box in great shape for a set of trains from 1956 (can't remember the set) that is listed in the price guide for $9,000 complete.

We decided to list the box for the set on eBay and see what happened...we started it at $200 and within an hour it had bids at $1000....ended up selling for $3800, we could hardly believe it! Turns out the fellow who bought it was a set collector and had the set and needed the box to complete it. He had missed out on one some time earlier that sold for $7000. The box we sold had a small water stain and he told me if the water stain was not there he would have been willing to go higher.

At the time we said...it's only a cardboard box....but it had the right set # stamped on it!

Bill [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 07, 2015 01:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't be surprised (and no doubt a little annoyed) if it gets bid up! [Frown]

A friend of mine has an actual pre-release theatrical poster of "Revenge of the Jedi". I've told him to wait until the last few weeks before the new movie, when the "feeding frenzy' for all things STAR WARS comes to it's highest bidding idiocy!!

By the way, on a slightly related note ...

Did they release any of these new STAR WARS trailers on 35MM for the theaters, or are they all just digital files?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2015 05:30 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did a trailer for "Revenge of the Jedi" get out on Super 8? I'm sure I read a review for one.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2015 05:36 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes there is a super 8 trailer for Revenge... I don't have it but I have seen it.

Bill [Smile]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 07, 2015 06:15 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure about super 8 but it's available on 16mm.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 08, 2015 11:07 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the strange thing about it, is that it's different from another trailer of "Revenge of the Jedi". I used to have it, and at least some of them were printed on LPP film stock.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 11, 2015 09:01 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely there will be film distribution of The Force Awakens, it seems. IMDB now has this as release formats:

35 mm (Kodak Vision Premier 2393)
70 mm (IMAX DMR blow-up)
D-Cinema (also 3-D version)

Doesn't mention super 8 [Frown]

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Tim Robinson-Ayer
Junior

- posted October 17, 2015 08:48 AM      Profile for Tim Robinson-Ayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one of those pre-release Revenge of the Jedi posters. It was printed in an issue of weekly Variety. It is very nice, however people overestimate their value. I've never seen one go for more than $100-200 on eBay.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC