8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Beautiful Kalee 35mm machine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Beautiful Kalee 35mm machine
Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2015 07:26 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The man that restored this should get a medal. Ideal for those 'steampunk' parties or just to stand in the hall and set the tone for the house, 'a cinema man lives here.'

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kaylee-model-8-35-mm-Vintage-cinema-project or-/321888984363?hash=item4af2141d2b

I would love it but just don't have the room.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 10, 2015 01:42 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its a pity that the person that put all the work into it is having to part with it. I do hope the projector finds a good home, in a way it might be better of in a museum.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2015 02:21 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or even in a Wetherspoons pub, converted from a cinema, they do have them in some. Out of reach of customers, of course.

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2015 03:18 PM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I saw this and tried to persuade my wife what a lovely addition it would make to the lounge but it fell on deaf ears.
Can someone explain to me what Steam Punk is? Personally I think all punks should be steamed, lightly boiled or roasted!

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 10, 2015 05:29 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I agree that is a beautiful projector and restored to new looking!
What year was it made,must be early as I presume the large disc with the hole on the front covering the lens is the shutter?
I've seen that type of shutter on smaller gauged projectors that are very early models. [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 11, 2015 11:15 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What would it cost to ship this to the USA? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 12, 2015 06:28 AM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if the photo museum in Bradford know about this??

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 13, 2015 11:49 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would suggest that the Kalee 8 shown was originally a silent projector outfit as the added sound head was made by B.T.H. Later model Kalees were all Kalee.
Kalees were used in Gaumont cinemas. I worked with a pair of Kalee 21s for many years.

--------------------
Maurice

John Richard Almond
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2015 04:38 PM      Profile for John Richard Almond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I took the liberty of contacting the seller suggesting the museum, here is the reply I got.
Thanks for the email, I did contact them but as they are a charity they really prefer donations.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2015 02:25 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I assume the Projected Picture Trust would be the same in wanting donations.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC