8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 21, 2015 12:54 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!!

Just don't invite the Tazmanian Devil over for Thanksgiving! I did that one year and I'll never do it again. Atrocious table manners!

sincerely

OSI Osgood and Fam!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 22, 2015 03:07 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a good one Osi. I was there at this time in 1999 and was made to feel extremely welcome with 5 of my other colleagues by a fellow American company worker and his family.

It was a memorable occasion that included plenty of laughs and a superb banquet fit for a King I have to say!

Boy, you guys sure know how to throw a party! [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 23, 2015 04:13 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy days Osi [Cool]

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 23, 2015 10:57 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We get up early on Thanksgiving day, to clean and stuff the turkey, and get it in the oven. Our family dinner is usually around 4pm and lasts about 2 hours. Then we clean up and all sit down to watch some great classic films on Super 8 and digital.
Turkey, wine, and film show - makes for a fabulous day. [Smile]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 23, 2015 12:06 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK!!!

I am going to make an offer to my friends on this forum here (and I'll do it on a UK forum I moderate as well) ...

If any of you lads on here, are alone for Thanksgiving, and you can actually fly in to Boise, Idaho, (which is right next door to my home town, Mountain Home, a mere 45 minutes away), I will treat the luckly person to ...

1. An Awesome Thanksgiving dinner, with a Turkey so tender (as it will be roasted in garlic butter) ...

2. A separate room in the back to sleep overnight in, (we have an extra room that's just for storage at the moment).

3. One hell of a GREAT night of movies, Thanksgiving night!!! (as well as, probably, Friday as well, as we folks have that day off too!)

One in a lifetime offer, lads, short notice, I know, but if a person can make it, write my e-mail address ( toac2001@hotmail.com ), and let me know. I'm a man of my word, and you will be welcome. This is what Thanksgiving is all about.

... and for you overseas lads, the offer is open, (though, I must say, you'll have a heck of a time getting here on time, but if you make the effort, I'll make it worthwhile!!!!)

... and that means double for you, Shorty, we Osgood would love to have ya!!! Most definitely!!!

Remember, you'd need to fly into Boise, Idaho, and if you do, please inform me as to when you'd be arriving, so I can drive ahead of time to Boise to pick you up.

Sincerely

The Osgoods

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 23, 2015 02:37 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That is unbelievable generosity shown there Osi!
I hope some collector friend takes you up on that one!

Paul's thanksgiving also sounds like paradise to me. [Wink]

As said, you guys certainly know a thing or two regarding hospitality and I couldn't have possibly felt more welcomed in my time there! [Smile]

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 23, 2015 07:27 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In giving thanks, to all our friends and colleagues with Blessings in abundance - Shorty

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2015 01:17 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We all have so unbelievably much to be thankful for, even with the problems and griefs that life throws at us. I hope you all have a wonderful day reflecting on the blessings, and that the griefs stay far away. Happy Thanksgiving, friends!

Alex Fox
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2015 01:28 PM      Profile for Alex Fox   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Fox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Thanksgiving to all our U.S. members

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2015 04:38 PM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Osi, My family celebrate on Friday, so I'm alone most of today. I would love to be able to afford to fly out to you, but I can do the next best thing: I'm running film and in your honor I ran my scope digest of Star Wars and send good thoughts to you and your family. My best wishes to all forum members.

--------------------
Paul Suchy

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 26, 2015 05:09 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Thanksgiving Osi and too all the forum members. My day will be a quiet one, but I'm fixing myself a stuffed cornish hen with a seasonal side-dish. Later I'm looking forward to watching some film. There is a lot to be grateful for [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 26, 2015 05:18 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Thanksgiving to all our American members !

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 26, 2015 05:19 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a happy and peaceful thanksgiving guys. We should all take time out on days like today, to count our blessings for each and every day that our maker provides for us all, all the wonderful things we have to enrich our lives with.

No one here, I hope, ever goes hungry, we all have shelter and we all feel the love and warmth from our treasured family members.

Most of us all in this world, still have much to be thankful for despite our troubled times.

A special thought and prayer should go out almost daily to our Dominique on this forum.

Terrible times where he lives just at the moment.
Take great care our friend!

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 27, 2015 01:08 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andrew. Terrorist alert level has been lower yesterday from level 4 (the maximum one) to level 3 (high risk but not imminent like with level 4).

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 27, 2015 03:46 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Better news at least then Dominique.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC