8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » That's No Moon ... Its A Blockbuster!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: That's No Moon ... Its A Blockbuster!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 15, 2015 01:15 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No official reviews are in yet (they won't be released, by Disney's permission, until tomorrow the 16th), but by everyone who has seen it and has posted, it's great. One film-maker/director, who was there for the screening, says that it's the best STAR WARS since the original 1977 film! That's saying a lot.

OK, this is going to make it a lot harder for me to sit around, waiting for it to come out on bluray .... [Frown]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 15, 2015 02:12 PM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks better than the prequels but I will wait until the Christmas holidays are over as some assholes are bound to bring their small children to screenings.

Will we find out Han Solo dies in the reviews? He will always make cameo like appearances like Alec Guinness in later movies.

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2015 12:43 PM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is apparently some big revelation in the very last shot of the film. A kind of cliffhanger. I think it sounds good and much more in the style of the originals. Practical effects and real extras not CGI extras and hopefully none of those gooey backgrounds of the prequels.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2015 05:21 PM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All l know is this better be worth all the hype.
Going to see it in dirty digital today.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 16, 2015 06:07 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Heathen!! Ha ha [Wink]

Hope it lives up to the hype Jason!!!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 17, 2015 12:52 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a fun film and definitely better than I, II and III.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 17, 2015 01:34 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe,mike I'm the same,so many people can't seem to control there kids and I hate cinemas now because of all the braindeads with mobiles,poxy phone screens lighting the place up.
I will wait till new year one afternoon when it's quite. Will it be better than a new hope and empire strikes back? Obviously the special effects will be,or should be nearly 40 years on, excluding the CGI, I,my not a fan of those at all although they do have a place in movies when used lightly.

Mike Newell
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2015 07:07 AM      Profile for Mike Newell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom

It not just kids. I went to see cinema awhile back and these four pensioners at the back seem to have brought sweeties sandwiches and a thermos flask of tea with them. During the film they had to question each other as to what was happening!

As you say a nice quiet afternoon in the new year will be fine for Star Wars.

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2015 07:46 AM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well this was worth the wait l am pleased to say.
The only down side was the half hour of cinema advertising before the movie.
I am now looking forward to seeing it again but in IMAX 70mm in a couple of weeks time.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 17, 2015 11:51 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A half hour of commercials?! Bloody hell! I'll wait for the Blu-ray!!!

The force is certainly strong with this one. Nearly every review I have been reading of this gives it very high marks and state that it is the best STAR WARS movie since the original trilogy, (some are even saying that it's on a par with the original film!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC