8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Solved the problem of soft focus films

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Solved the problem of soft focus films
Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2016 03:09 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a bit of an issue with some films recently and just couldn't get the focus right, even swapped projectors which gave different results but still not right, finally found the problem though, booked an eye test and got myself some glasses, no more soft focus films (well almost!!),the joys of getting old, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 23, 2016 03:11 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm there myself now Mark unfortunately ha ha.
Only for reading, but still... [Frown] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2016 03:24 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mines distance Andrew, was more worried that my films were dud!!! Ha Ha!!

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted February 23, 2016 03:46 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark

That is just to funny!~ [Big Grin]

PatD

PS: I wear contact lenses!

[ February 23, 2016, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Pasquale DAlessio ]

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2016 03:58 PM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I discovered I needed glasses while at the movies; my friend asked where I was going, and I told him I was going to tell the projectionist that the film was out of focus. My friend said, "no it isn't" and handed me his glasses.

--------------------
Paul Suchy

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 23, 2016 04:18 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Splicing has become a real chore for me these past couple of years. Glasses on glasses off. Ha ha.

--------------------

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2016 06:54 PM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You said it, Andrew! In the film Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Kris Kristofferson's character says that he would rather take a beating than mend a fence. That is exactly how I feel about splicing super 8 film.

--------------------
Paul Suchy

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 24, 2016 06:18 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2016 07:16 AM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it happened to me sign of getting on a bit [Frown] [Frown] [Big Grin]

--------------------
kinema king

Dave Groves
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2016 11:13 AM      Profile for Dave Groves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks as if we've all been pushing up the profits at Specsavers.

--------------------
Dave

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 25, 2016 11:19 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the equal and opposite in my forties!

Stupid New Glasses!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2016 10:18 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sight has not been my problem as I have had glasses since a child and therefor have to get new ones now and again. I have used varifocals for a number of years and initially had to get used to the correct way of using them. However , my problem has been Sound.
I gradually lost the high frequencies and thought I had problems with sound equipment especially adjusting the scanning slit of optical sound, until I had a hearing test!! Ken Finch.

Ken Finch
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 28, 2016 10:18 AM      Profile for Ken Finch   Email Ken Finch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sight has not been my problem as I have had glasses since a child and therefor have to get new ones now and again. I have used varifocals for a number of years and initially had to get used to the correct way of using them. However , my problem has been Sound.
I gradually lost the high frequencies and thought I had problems with sound equipment especially adjusting the scanning slit of optical sound, until I had a hearing test!! Ken Finch.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC