8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » 3D is kaput once more! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 3D is kaput once more!
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 14, 2016 05:53 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Talking of 3D viewing and on another thread we watched The Wizard of Oz with quite a nice 3D adaption, not for all I know but it was good. The scenes of the poppy fields worked very well in the depth department.

Would be nice to know how many other 3D Imax adaptions make it onto Blu-Ray.
 -

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2016 05:09 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bolex sold an outfit

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 14, 2016 09:48 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the Bolex 16mm 3D outfit:

http://bolexcollector.com/accessories/filter50.html

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 16, 2016 03:14 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Elmo ESM-1 3D mirror outfit was another rarity which gave excellent polarised 3D although the picture projected taller than usual. We had a guy in our club way back who used to go round demonstrating it and showing his 3D colour movies, fun times. I think it was the Bolex kit my father used with 9-5 in the 1950's.

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2016 03:47 PM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, The Elmo ESM-1 (Elmo Stereo Movie) Unit is a polarised beam splitter for mounting on your cinema camera for filming and then mounting on your favourite Elmo projector for 3D projection... Of course you'll also need a nice silver screen!

Sponson made an Anaglyph 3D unit too that I always wanted to explore and maybe modify for polarised 3D but by the time I was ready to make the initial purchase I became interested in SD video Field Sequential 3D capture and projection. An interest fuelled by a huge curiosity in the VHD video disc format that made 3D Hollywood features available in the Field Sequential format, of which I now have may discs and 2 players sourced from Japan!

Golden days of discovery... and I've now VHD discs in my collection of both Jaws 3D and Friday 13th Part 3D, titles that to this day are still unavailable on the BR3D format!

Best,
Rick

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC